mount depth

Participant count
  • Participant list

KAMAK
10+ year member

Corvette=Good
michigan
I have a couple problem. I want the cdt-cl61 of of the zeb. In my 1997 chevy montecarlo it say the front has 5 1/4 size speakers. The cdt's are 6.5. Can i make them fit? Also can anyone tell me my mounting depth and also tell me if the cdt's will fit depth wise either. I know i am asking for alot but i would really appreciate it. Thanks:)

The mounting depth is 2 and 7/8 inches....I suggest you make an MDF mounting ring and have the base go into the stock 5.25 opening so you can avoid doing any cutting of the door....

Originally posted by Gauntlet The mounting depth is 2 and 7/8 inches....I suggest you make an MDF mounting ring and have the base go into the stock 5.25 opening so you can avoid doing any cutting of the door....
OK so i can get those speakers. Thanks for the answer i will order them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif (how about powering them with a usx-2080 will that be enough power?)

Originally posted by Gauntlet I would check what's going on in your door and try to plan the install out before you order the speakers just to make sure....and the 2080 is a great choice.
Ill make it work:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.