Most Bus From a raspberry Pi using PiMost

Rhys_M

CarAudio.com Newbie
UK
I’ve been working on getting some kind of integration to the MOST bus on my jaguar XF and Land Rover Freelander 2, thought it might be of interest here

A but of back history, for a long time I’ve been trying to replace the factory head unit (3 years and counting project so far!) in that time I’ve moved between developing an app integrating canbus, to developing react-CarPlay to be able to run CarPlay on Linux based systems. Throughout the entire thing the MOST bus has been a massive blocker, no hardware or really projects out there that have tackled it, so finally a couple of months ago I set about it.

It started with a hacked up breadboard with a repurposed os8104 and MOST transceiver, then moved to a v1 of a custom PCB.

52B965A9-18F0-4C9A-8847-594B5D5DFD20.jpeg

This one was very much experiment, but it worked, so I started writing the multi layer drivers for it (all written in nodeJs at this point)

Using the breakout header at the bottom I managed to get audio injection working using i2s from the pi. The beauty of this is it doesn’t use the awful clocks on the pi, but rather the clock source comes from the MOST network, running at 48khz on the jlr brand.

This then gave birth to v1.1

48E6566B-10B0-463F-8030-CDC286D975A0.jpeg

Which now has the header removed and traces run to the i2s GPIOs, it also has a can channel running too.

Currently implementing the standard fblocks for cd player, amfm tuner etc. Quick example video below of it integrating the OEM cd player

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...