Morel Tempo Component set vs CDT ES-06

Vecticus
10+ year member

Dubstepper
Seen a few posts that stated Morel's low end was better than CDT's top end stuff. So I figured I would ask for some opinions. My main concern is the better SQ between the two. I'll be ditching the Morel crossovers and run the set active. I would pair the CDT ES-06 with CDT HD1 2" tweets.

Seen a few posts that stated Morel's low end was better than CDT's top end stuff. So I figured I would ask for some opinions. My main concern is the better SQ between the two. I'll be ditching the Morel crossovers and run the set active. I would pair the CDT ES-06 with CDT HD1 2" tweets.
Are you sure you have HD1 tweeters? HD-1A/BL If this is what you have I'm curious to know what you think of them.

I advise people to use the ES-06 woofers with a small midrange driver. They're rated to play up to 4 kHz, but the midrange may be more muted than you're used to hearing. For a 2-way set the ES-6 may be more appropriate.

For a 2-way set the ES-6 may be more appropriate.
It was a typo...these are the drivers I meant to post =P

As far as the tweets you have the correct model number as well. I read a post where a guy used the exact same combo on an active HU and he found those tweets where much smoother than drt26's. Haven't heard them for myself. I'm more focused on the mid driver atm.

No, Audible Physics is the company that makes H-audio. Though they make an amazing product as well and I use both them and PHD in my set up.
i got to get hands on with a 3 way set. Havent heard them yet but if they sound as cheap as they feel you can keep it

No, Audible Physics is the company that makes H-audio. Though they make an amazing product as well and I use both them and PHD in my set up.
I can't seem to view any products or prices on anything by Audible Physics for some reason. Seems like a very hard company to buy from. What are you suggesting from PHAudiophile? Throw up some links //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

i got to get hands on with a 3 way set. Havent heard them yet but if they sound as cheap as they feel you can keep it
The Audible Physics? If you say they are cheap and you own Hertz, I would really go check yourself into a psychiatric facility ASAP.

The Audible Physics? If you say they are cheap and you own Hertz, I would really go check yourself into a psychiatric facility ASAP.
lol I was refering to the PHDs... You must have jumped deep and feel over that bandwagon. The tweeters feel like they came straight out of walmart, the baskets felt flimsy, i was worried my finger was going to go through the dust cap. The terminals looked like they wanted to fall off.

lol I was refering to the PHDs... You must have jumped deep and feel over that bandwagon. The tweeters feel like they came straight out of walmart, the baskets felt flimsy, i was worried my finger was going to go through the dust cap. The terminals looked like they wanted to fall off.
Alright let's school you real quick. The dust cap is meant to a vent for cooling, so there goes that. The basket is a non-resonant fiberglass blend that is very strong regardless what you say and or think. The tweeters are far from cheap, they are not the top-of-the-line tweeters, but they are very nice. They of course have a plastic housing, like most tweeters in their price range, but they sound wonderful. Now, time for the terminals you would have to be and idiot not to notice that they are hand soldered and absolutely will not be falling off anytime soon.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Power is coming from a MA NX5 (140x4 at 4ohms)
Then I would suggest the PHD FB 6.1pro kit.

Alright let's school you real quick. The dust cap is meant to a vent for cooling, so there goes that. The basket is a non-resonant fiberglass blend that is very strong regardless what you say and or think. The tweeters are far from cheap, they are not the top-of-the-line tweeters, but they are very nice. They of course have a plastic housing, like most tweeters in their price range, but they sound wonderful. Now, time for the terminals you would have to be and idiot not to notice that they are hand soldered and absolutely will not be falling off anytime soon. 

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Then I would suggest the PHD FB 6.1pro kit.
Oh I noticed everything. I noticed the tweeters had no weight to them. Also the "kevlar cones" Is that supposed to be a joke? They reminded me of some off the shelf Parts-Express drivers. Sorry but I guess I'm spoiled with Hertz. I truly expected more.

Oh I noticed everything. I noticed the tweeters had no weight to them. Also the "kevlar cones" Is that supposed to be a joke? They reminded me of some off the shelf Parts-Express drivers. Sorry but I guess I'm spoiled with Hertz. I truly expected more.
Hah... Spoiled... Right...

Who said anything about kevlar cones?

They use fiberglass as the cone material, hence the FB line name.

You are truly starting to make yourself look like an idiot.

PHD - Speakers - Model FB 6.1 KIT PRO FIRENZE -

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.