• Never mount on box

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

pilotdog68
10+ year member

Omaha
Usually in the threads i read about amp locations, people just say "in the trunk" or "under the front seat". After looking around my car, there is no room under the front seat, and, other than the plastic floor, there are no flat surfaces in my trunk big enough for my amp. just for kicks i tried putting the amp on the subbox. it fit so perfectly on the box and in the trunk that now im considering putting it there permanently.

two questions:

really how bad will the vibration/flex from a sealed 300w 10" be on the amp?

if its really bad, what are some more specific suggestions for mounting the amp elsewhere?

thanks

You will be just fine mounting it directly to the box! LOL

I have had 4kw+ rms ported with amps mounted to the box. If you are really that worried about it, I did use some rubber isolation mounts before... just for shits and giggles, I had a bunch of them laying around because I use them for mounting ignition boxes in cars...

I used these and just got longer bolts to go through the 1.5" thick wood... MSD Ignition 8822 - MSD Vibration Mounts - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...