More Power=More Bass?

efm80
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
kinda frustrated with the whole power game. Its sad that you have to double your power to even get a 3db increase. So if I have 800 watts, which I do now, I would have to go 1600 watts just to see a 3db increase?? few questions...

1.) Is a 3db increase good and a lot more than I think? Is it night and day???

2.) Why does so much more power yield so little increase?

3.) What are some options to increase your bass withough having to increase your power substantially?

4.) How important are your car's acoustics for how much SPL you will have? I'm thinking extremely important

4.) PHYSICS *****!! hehe

eddie

3 db is a huge difference. i don't know how you can increase bass though other than a better enclosure. A ported enclosure is 3 db louder than a sealed enclosure, so thats your only option i think.

and 3 db isn't like night and day, it's not quite that noticable, but it is definitly noticable even to a person who is not an audiophile. The box in my sig made my type r sound pretty good over the crappy sealed box i had a while back though.

3 db is a huge difference. i don't know how you can increase bass though other than a better enclosure. A ported enclosure is 3 db louder than a sealed enclosure, so thats your only option i think.
so it is a HUGE difference, thats good to know. And unfortunately I already have a ported box.

then your not going to get anymore bass unless you use bass boost.what subs you got?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Cant say that without knowing his tuning and equipment.

STUPID statement of the evening and probably sig worthy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif
it's true. How else are you going to get more bass? I guess you have the answer, so let me know.

STUPID statement of the evening and probably sig worthy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif
he is borderline retard and will not ever stop giving useless information ... (when in fact he knows jack **** about what he is talking about)

kinda frustrated with the whole power game. Its sad that you have to double your power to even get a 3db increase. So if I have 800 watts, which I do now, I would have to go 1600 watts just to see a 3db increase?? few questions...
1.) Is a 3db increase good and a lot more than I think? Is it night and day???

2.) Why does so much more power yield so little increase?

3.) What are some options to increase your bass withough having to increase your power substantially?

4.) How important are your car's acoustics for how much SPL you will have? I'm thinking extremely important

4.) PHYSICS *****!! hehe

eddie

no, that question makes no sense, so who wants to answer it any better.

I have 2 12" Infinity Perfects in a 3.4 cu ported box tuned at 33hz. The bass boost will give me more distorted bass and I only notice an increase in bass with it at low to medium levels. And I know using bass boost is like breaking a commandment. NEVER! hehe...thanks for some input though. Any other thoughts and ideas??

eddie

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.