More 4th order questions.

Participant count
  • Participant list

dudeogo

Actually a Potato
So after I'm about to start ordering the other 18s for the jeep. In the sealed section of the 4th, do you need the full manufacturers specified sealed size? or smaller/larger? What is a good sealed size for an 18 in a 4th? If I'm walling I want to do it right the first time! lol

4 EVL 18s unless something changes. I'll replace them with something better once I can afford better.

Why 4th order bandpass? How much net box volume do you think you have? How are you intending to mount 4 18s?
4th order, because it would be rough fitting 4 18s in a flat wall. though i could possibly sell off the 18 and buy 15s I just really dont feel like it. Net box volume I'm not sure. I think somewhere in the mid 30s in cubes. and intending to mount either inverted motors facing up, or motors facing toward each other from the sides.

I suppose I could buy 4 15s or 6 12s and do a flat wall.
You'll be way better off. Or just get a stout pair of 18's in a flat wall. AFAIK there's still some black top TRF 18s in the classifieds here at a fair price. Very solid platform to get loud, There's 4 160+ vehicles in the northeast here and all of them use 4hp motor subs.

Of if you don't believe me, buy some wood and start building the shell of your box (top bottom sides) and measure how much space you really have and cut some rounds out of cardboard to try to mock up how you will mount woofers, figure out what you have real-world for space and mounting/port area then buy drivers and build front and back to suit whatever you decide. Even better if you slow-roll the build, people get desperate for cash in mid December and you can pick up subs and amps for dirt cheap on the forums. I've scored some crazy deals in the past by being flush with cash around Christmas and lowballing.

You'll be way better off. Or just get a stout pair of 18's in a flat wall. AFAIK there's still some black top TRF 18s in the classifieds here at a fair price. Very solid platform to get loud, There's 4 160+ vehicles in the northeast here and all of them use 4hp motor subs.
Of if you don't believe me, buy some wood and start building the shell of your box (top bottom sides) and measure how much space you really have and cut some rounds out of cardboard to try to mock up how you will mount woofers, figure out what you have real-world for space and mounting/port area then buy drivers and build front and back to suit whatever you decide. Even better if you slow-roll the build, people get desperate for cash in mid December and you can pick up subs and amps for dirt cheap on the forums. I've scored some crazy deals in the past by being flush with cash around Christmas and lowballing.
as long as i'm hitting mid 150s im happy.

Ideally, you shouldnt just throw the subs in the sealed section... you would want to do it and pull sealed resonance of that chamber.

I also agree with 2 beefier 18s, 4 15s flat wall. The evl is a poorly designed driver

Ideally, you shouldnt just throw the subs in the sealed section... you would want to do it and pull sealed resonance of that chamber.
I also agree with 2 beefier 18s, 4 15s flat wall. The evl is a poorly designed driver
Yeah I know the EVL kinda *****. Lol. Do you think 2 18s could hit 150s fine? I'll probably do 4 15s if I'm going to have to sell the EVL

Grab those 18" TRFs from the guy in California, build a big box with big port and they'll get plenty loud.
I can't afford both of them at once or I would. I could buy one but not both. The best Idea for my financial status if I want that Motor is to just buy the motor then buy baskets and soft parts

I also could just get the wall built with the EVLs and then sell and swap in big beefy subs when I can afford 2 at once.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.