MMATS D300HC help

TigerBlood

Ok I had my old school power hx2 12's, two of them In a 8cf tuned port box. Was the entire extended cab of my f-150 up to almost headrest. No extra alt. or batt. As these amps don't really need it...?... Drivin down the road took turn box slid the 1 inch it had to move and the dam speaker wire crushed between box and stud for seat to bolt to! Wen this happened the roof and back window in my truck were flexing about 1" it was up i wanna say 50's on head unit... I think the old pioneers went to 60?

Amp about 3/4 gain. Now it's been sum years now but I don't remember any smoke but did smell it burn. Think protect lite was on. Never really messed wit it but found her in shed today. Took off shell n there is not one burn on the board? Also none of the fets or resistors or discolored or slit. I will post pics if need be. Anyone have ideas or suggestions?

Straight to protect, no hot spots, clicks, smokes or smell. Any ideas? I just switched amps in ole lady's car 5 mins ago to be sure. Just the middle red light.(protect)

Don't know if it matters it is a black D300HC.... I seen pics of a white one in another post.

probably shorted outputs. the amp is doing it's job and not cooking itself. you will need to ohm them out. first, though, put the meter on dc and put it on the speaker terminals. look for a good amount of voltage before it protects. pics do help. oh and do not hook speakers up before it is fixed.

It goes straight to protect. I already unhooked the amp before my last post. I did not connect sub to amp wen testing....If I would have blown the solobaric in her car I be in the car... Lol(old school kicker solobaric 12", alittle over 4cf. Box, mtx class D tru 400 amp. Gain set about 50%.) My tester is in work van(I'm an electrician) I will grab my test today n reinstall in car n ill git back to ya. Thanx guys. I have pics I'll post them 1 min.

It goes straight to protect. I already unhooked the amp before my last post. I did not connect sub to amp wen testing....If I would have blown the solobaric in her car I be in the car... Lol(old school kicker solobaric 12", alittle over 4cf. Box, mtx class D tru 400 amp. Gain set about 50%.) My tester is in work van(I'm an electrician) I will grab my test today n reinstall in car n ill git back to ya. Thanx guys. I have pics I'll post them 1 min.
WHY the F is that os solo in a ported box...?!? Bet it sounds great. :-/

Im can build a good box and wire a mean system.... But I'm no pro! I garentee, u would be impressed with the sound this civic puts out with one 12" in the truck. No one ever believes me wen i tell them.

N ya I want to try n fix amp if I can... Most likely going to sell it though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.