need advice on an amp choice

wlscott83

i have a Kenwood excelon - xr-w12f swallow sub in my crew cab truck. now i want to put it on its own amp. So tryin to decide if i should go a Kenwood excelon xr-1s, Rockford fosgate p400.2, t400.2 or a Kicker zx 450.2 amp. Also willing to except suggestions of an amp under 500, perfer a quailty amp for under 300 if there is on that has a 450 watt rms.

Thanks Will

ok thanks, ill highly consider that opt. So should i just abandon the amps that i have asked about? if i get one of those amps i get warraties on equip and install.

ok thanks, ill highly consider that opt. So should i just abandon the amps that i have asked about? if i get one of those amps i get warraties on equip and install.
im pretty sure the jl is going to out perform the other amps

wantin some alittle better the the entire level amp from rockford
Its just as good as the Kenwood XR amp IMO! The amp is better than you think. Read the SonicE reviews if you believe in that type of thing. I got to keep it real with you. If you're not running awesome subs, a so called higher quality amp isn't going to make much difference in the sound.

far enough, im dont have a great sub for spl but it does give my truck the bass pick up its needs. and the amps that i listed that i was lookin at are the amps the installer suggested so i thought i would get some inputs. by the way what does IMO mean?

far enough, im dont have a great sub for spl but it does give my truck the bass pick up its needs. and the amps that i listed that i was lookin at are the amps the installer suggested so i thought i would get some inputs. by the way what does IMO mean?
IMO=in my opinion

I have some amps FS that will do that power for a good price //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

But honestly check the classifieds for some nice amps. Also look into cadence amps, good price for the power

IMO=in my opinion
I have some amps FS that will do that power for a good price //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

But honestly check the classifieds for some nice amps. Also look into cadence amps, good price for the power
I don't think the OP cares about Cadence? Looks like he's already made up his mind to go with what his installer says. By the way, I've heard every amp the OP listed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.