MINI VAN-SYSTEM DESIGN HELP

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gefty audio

CarAudio.com Newbie
i HAVE a 2000 toyota sienna, that has am/fm w/ cd changer/cassette, im replacing it with a pioneer deh-x6600bt deck, and adding a bazooka bta10100fhc 10" 100w powered sub, the deck has an amp, but i am going to buy new front door 5-1/2, and rear 5-1/2 speaker upgrades and pillar tweeters, i have a few older amps and would like to get advice as to which amp to use if at all ? for speakers. a)Rockford Fosgate Punch 300s amp, b)Kenwood KAC-5201 250w amp, c)Coustic Power Logic 260 amp 45w RMS per ch.
So my question is which amp for all the speakers i am going to replace , and what to do with amp in deck ? i need info so i can know what speakers to buy

I'm new to the forum as well , but welcome just the same. Depending on what door speakers you buy, you could just use the Pioneer HU to drive them. Specs say 50 watts x 4 (need to know if that is RMS). If you're shooting for fairly stout door speakers/tweeters then use the two pair of preout RCAs on the HU to go to your amps for the new door speakers and your bazooka sub. The pre outs bypass the amp in the HU so you're good to go.
You can buy some decent door speakers and tweeter because you have good RMS power with the amps you have.
Example
acoustic power to drive the tweeters
Punch to drive 2 door speakers
KAC 5201 to drive 2 door speaker
Not sure if any of those amps have RCA pass through out puts. If not, you can buy RCA splitters to have enough for all three amps.
Hope this helps
Once your hooked, there's no looking back! LOL Next it will be a pair of 12s and a 2K RMS amp to push them. I started out saying just a little better than stock and now I'm at 3k watts RMS and growing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.