Might have just got screwed can anyone help ??????????

Mboyle1145
10+ year member

Well i just bought a brand new hdc312 and a aq1200d. i was told it was dual 2 ohms and i didnt bother to check and when i looked inot it it is actaully a dual 1 ohm sub. How can i wire it in order to get the max rms out of the aq1200d? is it even possible or did i just make a 250$ mistake

Wire in series for 2 ohms to avoid 1/2 ohm or get a different sub/0.5 ohm stable amp. Look up Crutchfield's wiring wizard

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Comes out to 870WRMS rated

Do yall think that amp can handle a .5 ohm load??? I dont want to blow anything? im sure i could just run it 2 ohms if i had too it would help the longevity of the system but might not be enough power at 2 ohms to feed the beast?

Yeah yeah, let's try to blow this guy's alternator and battery! Woo hoo!

No. Don't wire it to .5 unless you have the power to back it up. Just wire it to 2 ohms until you get a second sub or different amp.

I found a post coming from a guy who worked for the owner of aq and said it would run .5 ohms no problem as long as the electical is solid. So im guessing if i run 0 gauge wire from batery to alt, chasis ground to battery and battery to amp with a fuse block close to the amp so i can run 4 gauge a few inches to the amp id be ok? i got a red top battery and brand new duralast alt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.