JVC KW-AVX640 in a boat

Participant count
  • Participant list
I recently bought this double din DVD head unit with plans to put it in the cabin of our 32' boat. It will not be exposed to the elements. Obviously the boat doesn't have a parking brake lead. Will it work without hooking up the lead or is there another way to wire it? If I were to get a rear view camera (for backing into the docking spots) how would I make that work?

Thanks for the help.

we avoid posting how to bypass the parking brake because a kid will do it to watch TV while driving and hit someone.

just think about what the parking brake switch and reverse switch does, and simulate that with hard-wired connection/relay and a toggle switch, respectively.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.