Mids Highs????

robof568
10+ year member

Hi guys, I have a question. I have two rockford fosgate t212d4 subs and a t20001bd amp. The shop is trying to get me to get Focal mids and highs but I wanted to go all fosgate. The Focal are substantially more expensive, but are they worth the cost? The Shop guys are telling me that to get great mids and highs and keep up with the subs I've got to do Focal. I don't know a lot about these things and I am doing most of this over the phone. Any suggestions will be greatly accepted.

Focal>Fosgate

Yes theyre not the cheapest, but IMO alot better than RF! Focals are my personal favorite and to me are some pretty amazing speakers that sound great, although I havent heard brands like Morel,Dynaudio,Rainbow, etc...

What model of Focals is this shop wanting you to buy and for how much?

270 v3's component to replace my dash and front speakers and

165 k2p for my rear door speakers.

price installed with (5yr no fault replacement) $2600

Im assuming your amping these Focals too and with what?

And if ya want to save yourself some money, downgrade on the rear, the ones you said, the 165k2ps are the the line of speakers under the Utopia Be speakers, the Utopias are top of the line and cost a couple grand, for the rear id go with the Polyglass line, a step below the k2p but a step above the lowest Focal line, which is also very good too lol

The fronts are a very nice 3-way setup, but like i said if ya wana save some money, you dont have to get top notch speakers like the k2ps in the rear, you dont sit back there while driving so you really wont hear em anyways, plus theyre just a fill, many would suggest just running a front stage, amp them and then have your sub stage and forget about rear speakers, but if ya want rears, you dont have to get those, you can downgrade a line and still get awesome speakers, being the Polyglass line of Focal and it'll save ya some cash too!

Im assuming your amping these Focals too and with what?
And if ya want to save yourself some money, downgrade on the rear, the ones you said, the 165k2ps are the the line of speakers under the Utopia Be speakers, the Utopias are top of the line and cost a couple grand, for the rear id go with the Polyglass line, a step below the k2p but a step above the lowest Focal line, which is also very good too lol
Its not so much the money. I just didnt want to spend the money if the gain wasn't going to be very noticeable. My amp is a t8004 fosgate. But it looks like everyone says the Focal's are that much better. So I will probably go with them. Thanks a lot!!

thanks for the help everyone but I am starting to think i am getting:moon: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/violent.gif.ccf64f7a34b20886d220db2fbff36f3b.gif .

I am far far away and doing everything over the phone. these guys know I am coming home on leave on the 17th and now they are telling me i need a new alternator and a capacitor and this and that and blah d blah. I am looking at close to 12 gs total for my system it started out at like $7000... someone tell me if These guys are screwing me or is it all worth it. Okay here goes. They made me a custom box and amp rack for my car out of burch wood, two t212d4 subs t20001bd amp the before mentioned focals t8004bd amp, kenwood dxn 7100 hu with ipod and sirius the dynamat and now they are talking about alternators capacitors. Do you guys think they are just squezzing me or is this a good price.. THey keep telling me about their warranty 5 yr no fault replacement but I mean geez. If this is actually a good price I don't mind but if im getting screwed I wanna cut my losses

Yeah, that's ridiculous. Unless you're getting a ton of custom work, that's way too much money. By custom work, I mean extensive fiberglassing, and aesthetic work.

Are you coming back from Iraq with a lot of cash? These guys may know that and are trying to get as much as possible from you. If they're around a military base, then they're probably no better than the used car dealers you have lining the streets of the main drag. Never buy a used car within 25 miles of a military base, and the same with car audio.

Again, like somebody else asked, what kind of vehicle is it?

Also, the prices of those speakers should be no more than $1200.00 combined, so they're basically quoting you $1400.00 in installation costs. You want to give me $1400.00 to do that work, I'll pay for your gas and give you a place to stay up here while I do it. In other words, it's ridiculous.

Get an itemized list of their installation procedures. There's a lot that goes into installing a front stage. Are they planning on using stock locations? How do they know what they'll sound like in those locations. Because there's a location doesn't mean it's optimal for that particular speaker. Dash speakers are particularly hard to deal with as reflections from the windshield can be somewhat harsh, and difficult to tune out. How are they treating the doors. For that money, there had better be several layers of deadening, and a lot of MDF, resin, and other substances to deaden that door as much as possible.

The rear fill is just a way to get you to spend more money. Any reputable shop knows that a high priced component set is designed to stand on it's own, and provide the best possible front stage. Again, they're screwing you. Putting those K2Ps in the rear locations is a complete waste.

Back up a bit and rethink what you're doing. This shop should not get your business. They're playing you for dumb.

its a 08 dodge avenger. Yes I am coming back from Iraq !! I thought that I was getting screwed but I wasnt sure, everytime I ask them about it they tell me something different. They installed the subs but they are going to give me a break on the rest hahahaa I have only put a deposit down though so i am tryin to figure out what to do.

its a 08 dodge avenger. Yes I am coming back from Iraq !! I thought that I was getting screwed but I wasnt sure, everytime I ask them about it they tell me something different. They installed the subs but they are going to give me a break on the rest hahahaa I have only put a deposit down though so i am tryin to figure out what to do.
Are you going home to have the work done, or near where you're stationed? If it's near where you're stationed, where is that?

Get your deposit back, however you have to do that. Once again, if you're near a military installation, it's no problem getting an unethical business on the banned list. Businesses don't last very long in military towns when the military members can't go to them.

Guess how many times I've seen this scenario? I used to take my soldiers back to the place of business where they got screwed at, and the tone changed very quickly when I walked through the door. Base legal can help as well.

My favorite was the $20,000.00 Suzuki Esteem. They added so many back ended items, and did fuzzy financing that the soldier really didn't understand (as he was very young) everything. Very unethical of the dealer. We took the car back together. Funny how the dealership was VERY accomodating when I was there.

Another was $500.00 for Crunch 15" paper coned subs. So, I've been there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.