Mids and tweets on 1 4 channel

Dnewell2004

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sep 2, 2019
Zanesville, ohio
So I'm considering trying to move up from my traditional component sets to separate mid woofers and tweets. My question is could I run say 4 sets of 8 ohm 6.5" woofers on channels 3&4 and 4 sets of tweets on channels 1&2. I don't have room for a 3rd amp so that's out. They'll be 2 pair in the front, 1 in the middle seat, and 1 in the third row of a Durango. I have another thought on a setup but I wanna hear thoughts on this first. Thanks

keep_hope_alive

Acoustics Engineer
Premium Member
10+ year member
May 1, 2007
Quad Cities, IL
Why only one in middle and only one in the third row? Placed where? How are you planning on converting them to mono?

How are you planning on providing a crossover for the tweeters and woofers? Do you have an electronic crossover in the signal chain?

OP
D

Dnewell2004

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sep 2, 2019
Zanesville, ohio
2nd row in the factory door custom tweeter, custom pods for the 3rd row. Just one set each for when my kids are in the car. Don't want to overkill them and less chance of me hurting them when they kick a woofer. Not planning on converting them to mono. Woofers would be crossed over on channels 3&4. Tweets on 1&2.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds