Mids and tweets on 1 4 channel

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dnewell2004

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I'm considering trying to move up from my traditional component sets to separate mid woofers and tweets. My question is could I run say 4 sets of 8 ohm 6.5" woofers on channels 3&4 and 4 sets of tweets on channels 1&2. I don't have room for a 3rd amp so that's out. They'll be 2 pair in the front, 1 in the middle seat, and 1 in the third row of a Durango. I have another thought on a setup but I wanna hear thoughts on this first. Thanks

Why only one in middle and only one in the third row? Placed where? How are you planning on converting them to mono?

How are you planning on providing a crossover for the tweeters and woofers? Do you have an electronic crossover in the signal chain?

2nd row in the factory door custom tweeter, custom pods for the 3rd row. Just one set each for when my kids are in the car. Don't want to overkill them and less chance of me hurting them when they kick a woofer. Not planning on converting them to mono. Woofers would be crossed over on channels 3&4. Tweets on 1&2.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.