Midbass in back, coax in front?

Participant count
  • Participant list

kcr357
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ft laud
Doable or dumb idea?

My plans were to run silver flutes in the back playing from 50-150ish hz, then some coaxs from 150 up.  Not using a sub, just looking for really tight and loud kick drum freq and ear splitting vocals/guitar

Definitely components up front to provide you better imaging and staging.  The rears, go for 6x9's but place them very study with at least 1/2 inch (3/4) is better to get a better mid-bass kick and ensure your trunk area has some sound deadening as well to stop any unwanted rattles.  Power them all with a 50rms x 4 channel amp and you will be happy.  Oh, don't forget to apply sound deadening to front doors before you install the components up front.

Also when choosing your 6x9's check if they have at least 1.5 inch voice coil or larger so they can handle some power, at least 100rms each, again, more is better! :fro:

DSC_1074.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.