Mid-Range subs blown?

Participant count
  • Participant list

fgump16
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Recruit
USA
I installed a sound system in my Jeep Wrangler about 5-6 months ago. I have a Polk db6501 component system in the front and db651s's in the rear that's all hooked into a JVC headunit. I have a Kenwood amp that drives all of this. The other night, I turned my system up semi-loud and the mid-range sub on the passenger side is rattling and the one on the driver side is putting out nothing. I swapped out the crossovers to each side to see if one was wrong, but it still had the same results. The tweeters are still working and there are no blown fuses that I could find. I even hooked the power cable that goes into the crossover directly to the wires that go to the sub that wasn't outputting. Same results.

So, is it possible I blew both of those mid-range subs at the same time? This is really frustrating as these both are a large pain to remove and install, with the driver side taking around 45 minutes to do at least.

Also, I can't remember the exact song that did it, but I want to say it was "Look at me Now" by Chris Brown

Just a woofer in a component system. They play the "middle range" notes where as a full blown sub is for lows.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.