how bad is it...???

Participant count
  • Participant list
so that means i gotta get 2 identical batts, and go from there... what should drops be,... if any? [safezone]
They dont have to be identical at all..ur drop isnt horrible but its not great...i dont drop below 14.4 but i hace 2 extra batts and a ho alt...another batt should get you into the 13s ..what kind of battery is under the hood...i suggest duracell agm at sams..awesome batts for the money

They dont have to be identical at all..ur drop isnt horrible but its not great...i dont drop below 14.4 but i hace 2 extra batts and a ho alt...another batt should get you into the 13s ..what kind of battery is under the hood...i suggest duracell agm at sams..awesome batts for the money
dont have batt. under the hood, its in the trunk, optima yellow top agm, was just worried because my cars all computers and relays, plus gps, b.u. cam/mon., volt meter, 4 12s, 2000w amp, stock 10 and amp on kill switch and all the electrical b.s. i got going on... alt is stock ho 140a, so if i run 2 diff. batts, do i use a isolator?

dont have batt. under the hood, its in the trunk, optima yellow top agm, was just worried because my cars all computers and relays, plus gps, b.u. cam/mon., volt meter, 4 12s, 2000w amp, stock 10 and amp on kill switch and all the electrical b.s. i got going on... alt is stock ho 140a, so if i run 2 diff. batts, do i use a isolator?
Im guessing you drive a GM?

I basically had the same setup as you; 140 amp alt, batt in back, 2k watts, optima yellowtop. What I did was got rid of the yellowtop and swapped it for a C&D Liberty 1000 and also added another liberty 1000 and I drop to the mid 13s.

Before I used the yellowtop with one of the libertys and I didn't have an isolator

Im guessing you drive a GM?
I basically had the same setup as you; 140 amp alt, batt in back, 2k watts, optima yellowtop. What I did was got rid of the yellowtop and swapped it for a C&D Liberty 1000 and also added another liberty 1000 and I drop to the mid 13s.

Before I used the yellowtop with one of the libertys and I didn't have an isolator
liberty? whats the price range on those and 05 cobalt ls

Essentially, an alternator charges your system at around 14.5 volts, your batteries resting voltage is typically around 12.6 volts. If you are dropping below 12.6 volts when playing music, then you are dipping into your battery. This is not the worst thing, as music isn't steady and there are lots of breaks where your charging system can catch up, just make sure you aren't dropping below 12volts that will be in indicator that you are not capable of supplying the power for that system with your current electrical setup. Of coarse anything you can do to ease the electrical strain like getting another battery, upgrading wire, or if you have the money the best solution is a HO Alt, but it is not always necessary.

liberty? whats the price range on those and 05 cobalt ls
I got mine for $100 locally from a friend

You should be able to find them pretty cheap. They are giant batteries used for telecommunications but work wonders for car audio lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.