mid bass?

anyone can pull off midbass no problem just seal up ur doors and use a quality 6.5-8" in the doors or kicks if u can...a friend of mine has his mid bass running down to 50hz no problem but ofcourse if u want to do it with the best possible mid bass and range and sound u need to go active

active is really expensive. u have to have a 4 channel amp, and spend $300-400 on an amp, active hu, or processor that can manage the speakers.

ill try and find a link explaining it more detailed

active is really expensive. u have to have a 4 channel amp, and spend $300-400 on an amp, hu, or processor that can manage the speakers.
ill try and find a link explaining it more detailed
It can get expensive but it is not absolutely impossible to do on a budget

Well, money doesn't matter...to an extent, at least. I'm going to build my entire car it just may take a while, haha. The head unit I am going with is a Pioneer AVH-P7800DVD, if that helps any?

It can get expensive but it is not absolutely impossible to do on a budget
i dont run active, and i dont know a lot about it. however from reading over on diyma ur basically stuck speing around $300 for an amp, or an active hu. for me $300 on a hu or amp is too much. i could afford it, but im not going to spend that kind of money to drive 5 mins to work, grocery store, etc.

i dont run active, and i dont know a lot about it. however from reading over on diyma ur basically stuck speing around $300 for an amp, or an active hu. for me $300 on a hu or amp is too much. i could afford it, but im not going to spend that kind of money to drive 5 mins to work, grocery store, etc.
$300 for a HU with time alignment, superior internals, 7 band PEQ or 11 band PEQ, 4th order crossovers, etc is not going to be cheap. The Clarion DXZ785USB does all of those (except the 4th order crossovers) and is fairly cheap compared to other basic offerings from other companies.

Thanks for the resources! So, is the pioneer hu I stated above active capable? I tried to find out doing a search, but I am still unsure.

That Clarion DXZ785USB only has a 3 band PEQ. That's kind of rare to fine a 3 way HU with only a 3 band PEQ.
Im aware, but it is one of the cheapest active capable HU's available. My point is that you dont have to spend a ton of money to go active, but the quality products are going to cost more. Its 90% install, 5% tuning, and 5% equipment. You can take the best and most expensive equipment and try to go active and it will sound like crap if the install blows chunks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.