Mid-bass question

BacksideUSA
10+ year member

Current setup in my Silverado is Alpine CDA105 HU, 6.5 Alpine Type S Front, 4x6 Sony Xplod Rear, 2 10" Kicker CVT under rear seat in box, Kicker ZX750.1 amp.

My question: I'm removing the 4x6's in the rear because they sound like crap. I'm thinking about cutting the holes bigger, and installing 2 Mid-Bass woofers in their place. Would this improve the overall sound in my truck, or would it make it sound worse? Hard Rock and Metal, is the music I primarily listen to, and i've been told that good mid-bass is a must for that type of music..

Eventually, i'll be setting up components in the front.. but probably not for a while.

Any Opinions??

I didn't see you mention an amp for speakers which i'd say more important then the rest. Amp isn't just to be loud, it helps a lot with SQ as well.

Besides that def ditch rear speakers and looking into a nice component set with good midbass. Polk Momo MMC6500 come to mind but there's lots of others as well.

Id recommend the Eclipse SC6500's. Midbass just wont happen. In most cases it requires a properly sealed and deadened door to get the best results.

Deadening the doors and putting a nice comp set on a nice amp will prolly gain u the best results. I recommend the I'd ctx line cause they are like 139 at woofersetc. Unless u want to spend a bit then I recommend massive ck's or the mm's above. Stay away from rockford and kenwood for components sets for sure. Alpine makes some decent ones and kickers higher line isn't bad. Memphis are some of my favorites cause they get loud on little power.

But if youre looking for mid bass u for certain need to deaden your doors. 36sq feet should do two doors inner and outer liner with one layer Seeling the holes is what you need to do on top of stopping the door from vibrating

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.