Mid Bass question

you dare argue that not all speakers are made equal ..stop embarassing yourself.

i'm not a child, despite talking in a childish method of communicating.

you dont have the decency to make it in this world.
I have not nor would never argue that all speakers are equal...the problem is that you seem to insist on arguing that since one example of a speaker can't do something then no speaker can. Specious logic at its finest. The mids in question for the OP are well capable of comfortably playing down to 150Hz without affecting the upper midrange. No other drivers are relevant to the argument. Since I imagine that you have no experience with the drivers in question, your continued participation in this discussion is no longer needed.

Since you know nothing about me, you have no idea what I am capable of. Your second failing is that you can't make a valid logical argument so you have to resort to attempts at put-downs and name calling.

Hi, I am new to the forums and would appreciate any recomendations
I have a 2006 Mustang and just put in a new $1,600 system

I have a 1400 watt Hifonics ZXi 60 4 1K Zeus Series 5 channel amp running 2 sets of OZ 5.25 component speaker and 2 10 inch INFINITY KAPPA 100.9w on the sub channel

It sounds really great. Very clear sound and the way I had the 10's custom installed in the deck lid, the bass is pretty surprising

However, I listen to a lot of rock/Metal and it seems like I am missing something. I really need some mid bass up front. I was thinking about having some JL audio 6.5 w3's installed in my doors.

I really don't wanna buy another amp so i was wondering if I could just go ahead and run the rear component set off the radio, opening a channel for 6.5's on the amp.

Do you recomend the w3's? Also, do I need a sub channel to run those?

Below are my amp specs

A/B 4-Channel Power Output:

Continuous Power at 4 ohms: 60watts x 4

Continuous Power at 2 ohms:120watts x 4

Continuous Power at Bridged 4 ohms: 240watts x 2

Class-D Mono Power Output:

Continuous Power at 4 ohms: 475 x 1

Continuous Power at 2 ohms: 750 x 1

Continuous Power at 1 ohms: 1000 x 1

Thanks for any help
Im going to simply skip the other posts and answer what I feel would be your best option.

First thing I would do is put money into sound deadening your door. If you do this, no matter what option you do next you will have the best output your dorrs are capable of. I would seal up any large holes in the door and then place deadening mat over the top of them. www.secondskinaudio.com has always treated me right on products. Next option I would place some rattle pad on top of the mat and glue it down using 3M super 90. Once sompleted you will really know then and there if you need new speakers or not.

I made a thread a while ago when I deadened my doors, I can say it definatly was a night and day difference.

the problem is that you seem to insist on arguing that since one example of a speaker can't do something then no speaker can.
a prime showing of how you didnt read the post, again embarassing yourself.

there was no arguement in my post.. only factual information, regardless of the lack of affirmitive definition about the name of the details i was talking about.

i dont have to use a term to define what i am talking about.. i am capable of giving that definition with a longer and detailed approach.

its my perogative to communicate with the method of my choice.

resorting to accusations that i am 'name calling' is childish and has had no bearing.

and your informing me that you feel as though i 'put you down' shows some severe mental instability on your behalf.

i'm just going to shrug my shoulders about the midrange playing down to 150hz because that is not in the midbass range of the frequency spectrum.

here i am having to correct your misleading details.. midbass is 40hz - 80hz

subsonic bass is 1hz - 30hz

my stock speakers can play down to 150hz with 22 watts rms from the radio.

just about any speaker in existance of the same size can do that.

you seriously have a void and expect others to fill that void in for you.

Your post was long and said the same thing over and over yes not all speakers are the same, JD I suggested that in like the third post

a prime showing of how you didnt read the post, again embarassing yourself.there was no arguement in my post.. only factual information, regardless of the lack of affirmitive definition about the name of the details i was talking about.
Really? Comprehension of what you wrote yourself is beyond your capability? You like to throw around lots of words. You live by the addage "If you can't dazzle them with knowledge, baffle them with bullshit[/" don't you. 

i dont have to use a term to define what i am talking about.. i am capable of giving that definition with a longer and detailed approach.its my perogative to communicate with the method of my choice.
It's your choice, sure. It's my choice to choose not to read through a page of drivel that uses a lot of words without saying anything of merit as well. You'll garner much better credibility if you actually use the correct terms and succinctly state your point rather than filling white space with a bunch of crap. Very rarely is more better. 

resorting to accusations that i am 'name calling' is childish and has had no bearing.and your informing me that you feel as though i 'put you down' shows some severe mental instability on your behalf.
Unilike you, it would seem, I don't need someone on the webz to validate my self esteem. I've *actually* achieved things in life. I'm only on this board to help people out. If that help comes in the form of some life lessons, then so be it. 

i'm just going to shrug my shoulders about the midrange playing down to 150hz because that is not in the midbass range of the frequency spectrum.here i am having to correct your misleading details.. midbass is 40hz - 80hz

subsonic bass is 1hz - 30hz
Wow, since you argued the very point of a midrange playing down to 150Hz as bad which stated this whole ordeal. All this time you were just arguing with yourself. If I'd have known that the voices in your head were having it out I would have refrained from posting...Yes, now I'm making fun of you. 

my stock speakers can play down to 150hz with 22 watts rms from the radio.just about any speaker in existance of the same size can do that.
Right. Which is why you argued with me that the crossover point has to be up around 600Hz... 

you seriously have a void and expect others to fill that void in for you.
You are seriously delusional about your own place in the scheme of things.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.