Central Region Michigan Car Show

IA,IL,IN,KS,MI,MO,MN,NE,OH,OK,TX,WI
Im serious i know of some car show's there is the woodward ave. one coming up this summer , the ones on saturday and wednesday in uptown mt.clemens , there is a SPL comp sometime in august at car tunes on gratiot.

Im serious i know of some car show's there is the woodward ave. one coming up this summer , the ones on saturday and wednesday in uptown mt.clemens , there is a SPL comp sometime in august at car tunes on gratiot.
let me know....i'm always down for a show in the D....i go to Gibralter in MC and Taylor on the regular

Oh yeah man in the summer i go to the one's in uptown mt.clemens every wed. and saturday they have em sometimes to gibraltars are alright but mc's are better more people to.

That's right, the date is set for the 4th Annual D.I. Show, BIGGER AND BETTER! More classes than ever, and even better trophies! Is that even possible? Yes and the D.I. Crew will make it happen. See you there!

Duke's Car Stereo

G-4081 Miller Rd.

Flint MI. 48507

More details and Flyers soon................

And in case you missed the 3rd Annual show

http://www.desiredimageflint.com/noflash/events/3rdannual/index.htm

This is an Email I received, thought I would post it so everyone knows.

BACK TO THE BRICKS CRUISE

AND

CAR SHOW

JANUARY 2007 UPDATE

1. It is with great pleasure that we received word from Mr. Dennis Gage, host of ‘My Classic Car’, that he has selected the 2007 ‘Back to the Bricks’ Cruise and Car Show as one of the featured shows for the 2008 viewing schedule that airs on ‘Speed Vision’. ‘My Classic Car’ is nationally syndicated television show that is aired multiple times thru out the week depending on if the carrier is either cable or satellite. Virtually anyone who owns a collector car is familiar with Dennis’s show. The famous handle bar mustache of the host makes Dennis an unforgettable individual who harbors a vast knowledge about the hobby. The ‘My Classic Car’ production crew will be in Flint for two or possibly three days filming the ‘Back to the Bricks’ activities and possibly one or two other automotive sites in and around Flint and the county. Nothing is firmed up in that regard and as plans develop we will try to keep you informed.

This clearly represents an opportunity for our community to show off its automotive heritage which is extremely rich. Furthermore, it will allow us to showcase downtown Flint and why it is a great place to have a car show event; more to come later.

2. I am also pleased to announce a new sponsor, Evans Equipment Company which is located on S. Dort Highway in Burton. As many of you already know, Evans Equipment is the largest construction equipment rental company in Genesee County and offers a wide variety of construction equipment for rental. Need a bulldozer? Contact Bill Evans and he will get you taken care off.

3. Continuing with the good news, I am pleased to inform you that Jet Kilmer, President of the Grand Blanc Chamber of Commerce has joined our committee. She has graciously accepted the responsibility of coordinating the activities that will take place along Saginaw Street as it pertains to the city of Grand Blanc. She has alot of great ideas and we are excited to have her on our committee.

4. Our special displays coordinator, John Schoenfield, informed the committee this week that the General Motors Heritage Automotive Group will be bringing NASCARS to our show. The Jimmy Johnson number 48 and Dale Earnhardt number 8 cars will be on display. In addition to the NASCAR display, GM will also be bringing the Corvette boat being towed by a NASCAR Chevrolet truck. John is also trying to get a Ford and Chrysler race car display. Like last year, the NASCAR display proved to be a big hit with the spectators and participants alike.

5. The Thursday night rolling cruise between Grand Blanc, Burton and downtown Flint is starting to take shape. One of the attractions that we hope to create is to have multiple venues that the participants can stop at between Grand Blanc and Flint. As we develop this activity we will keep you informed.

6. The Friday night ‘Kick Off’ party that will occur in downtown Flint is expected to surpass last year’s annugral party of 1,117 cars. We have had request from multiple sponsors wanting to host one of the cruise in sites from various locations thru out the county. That is great news in as much as it was a tremendous hit last year and will only get better this year. Ken McClellan and Joe Taubitz will be coordinating this activity.

7. The good news just keeps coming! We have confirmed that all of our media sponsors are in for this year’s event. The Flint Journal has informed us that they are going to make a significant effort in promoting the event. Our ABC affiliate, Channel 12, is back on board. And our radio sponsors, Banana 101.5 and Cars 108 will be with again this year. I can not express our gratitude to our media sponsors enough. The rapid growth of our event could not happen without their collective support and it is deeply appreciated. Finally, most of last year’s sponsors are back on board, we are very pleased with their decision to support the cruise, and we thank them for their help.

One final thought, two of our sponsors from last year and also this year, Steve Childs from Paragon Corvette Reproductions and Scott Bray of Premiere Mortgage, told me last fall that within five years we will see over 5000 cars coming to downtown Flint for the ‘Back to the Bricks’ cruise. Keeping my thoughts to myself and thinking ‘Man that sounds awful aggressive’ but appreciating their optimism, they are starting to make a believer out of me. If we keep up as we are, just maybe, their vision will happen and with all of your support, we can make it happen.

That is it for now.

Al Hatch, Chairman

Back to the Bricks Cruise and Car Show

P.S. If you want to help us promote this event, feel free to pass this update along to all of your ‘Gear Head’ buddies and if they want to keep up with the monthly updates just have them e-mail us with their e-mail address to: marycwood@charter.net

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.