Metered my MT10

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not really. Let's see him do outlaw style and say he gains 5db which is not uncommon and is actually a little on the high side. That's a 142 which in any competitor's book, is SAD for 2000 watts. As I said before, I don't give a **** if it's just 1 10", 2000 watts and that score = sucky. Bottom line. Period.
Anyways, there has been all this talk like (don't quote me on this): "just wait till will find his peak", "it's his box", "just wait till he gets a better box", etc. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm tired of all this talk.

First it was "just wait till we find his peak, then you haters will see." He busts a 137 whoop de doo . . .

Now it's, "just wait till he builds a better box, then you haters will see."

So, no more talk, get down to business.
Wow you really care about what I'm going to score, don't you. Funny for I am no competitor. And not once have I said it was a good score, or that I belive I can achive an amazing score.

You are missing the single most obvious part of this. This was not a SPL install, I am not a competitor, I was not bragging. Nor did I once say just wait and see...

You are ignorant in that aspect. And your narrow minded view of 2000 watts being a sure staple on a high score, regardless of equipment or install is laughable.

When I do finalize a SPL install, and post a score. Then and only then can you attempt to leave any credible input.

Thank you.

Wow you really care about what I'm going to score, don't you. Funny for I am no competitor. And not once have I said it was a good score, or that I belive I can achive an amazing score.
You are missing the single most obvious part of this. This was not a SPL install, I am not a competitor, I was not bragging. Nor did I once say just wait and see...

You are ignorant in that aspect. And your narrow minded view of 2000 watts being a sure staple on a high score, regardless of equipment or install is laughable.

When I do finalize a SPL install, and post a score. Then and only then can you attempt to leave any credible input.

Thank you.

Well you sure made it sound like you could get an amazing score. BTW, about the "just wait and see" comments, I said don't quote me on that. There seemed to be some words spoken that kinda made it sound like that. anyways. . . The general drift of this thread pointed to something like "That 135.9 was just thrown out there. Wait till I do some more testing and my score will go much higher!" Evidence:

Nevermind. Jeez. I'll post my SPL setup score. Then you guys can pick it apart...
Sure thing, was the 137 posted afterwards the SPL score? You didn't really specify.

His peak frequency is not even 40hz! lol. so 135.9 is just a guesstimate RANGE.
So expect something higher next time.
See where the drift comes into play?

I know what caused it to be lower than it would have been.
Makes me think you're hiding something and are gonna at least gain a couple db.

If anyone else would like to comment with a, "Wow that's a low score" feel free too
Just post your daily driver setup score
Just doing what you said it's ok to do. . .

Next week I'll have a more realistic score with this daily setup. After we meter it correctly.
After you meter it correctly? Didn't you do that your second time around? Oh wait, is this what you mean?

Just got back from re-metering. Adjusted and played with a couple things
I know your install is not an SPL install, it's a DD setup so you can stop repeating that.

Let me clarify my view of 2kw. You have a ported box tuned to 34hz, looks like you peaked at 38-39hz which isn't too far off your tuning. You've got a high end SPL sub and 2kw on tap. I just think that the power has much more potential. Even for a daily driver setup, 2kw is a lot of power and is MUCH more capable than 137db.

Anyways, I am not really hating, I'm just disappointed that the 2kw is kind of being wasted if you get what I mean. So please, get above a 140 at least.

Leave the mans system alone. If he likes it that's all that matters. He doesn't compete so scores don't mean **** to him. He just threw it out there.
you love me, you really really love me:D

LOLers.

Kidding aside you are correct.

you love me, you really really love me:D
LOLers.

Kidding aside you are correct.
Not really, I just don't get the idea of why this caused an 11 page thread or whatever it is up to now. Let them sit in there cars and listen to 140+ DB's everyday and before long they won't be able to hear a DB. So who will have the last laugh?

Are all these scores being posted legal DBdrag style? Or outlaw?
The coments saying it's a low score for 2000 watts are straight retarded;)
Mine was dB Drag style, car off, sealed up, mic on the dash.

Metering in the kick with the door open (outlaw) is retarded unless you listen with your head down there.

Also, I think it would be appreciated by most if you would stop calling people stuff. No one is personally attacking you, simply you acting like 135 isn’t all that great and you will get SOOOO much better. I don’t know if you got your 11,000 posts acting like that but on any other forum if it got to be a problem you would be banned or nobody would give you any sort of help. Think about that next time you call somebody queer or retarded, smiley face or not, when they offer some constructive criticism.

Oh and last night I got a pair of walmart 6.5's in a prefab ported box to max out my 130dB C-Weighted dB Meter in the garage...it was loud enough to start to hurt my ears so if i had to geuss it was high 130's low 140's on term lab (was as loud as dry fireing the potato gun in the garadge, ouchie). 1800w @ 60Hz if you must know. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

they only stood 10 runs though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Oh and last night I got a pair of walmart 6.5's in a prefab ported box to max out my 130dB C-Weighted dB Meter in the garage...it was loud enough to start to hurt my ears so if i had to geuss it was high 130's low 140's on term lab (was as loud as dry fireing the potato gun in the garadge, ouchie). 1800w @ 60Hz if you must know. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
they only stood 10 runs though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Wall socket FTW?

yep, wired in series to 8ohm. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Me and my buddy where making thermite, we get a good 20grams ready for ignition and a storm blows up. So we sit in the garradge blowing every speaker in my house worth less than $15 in little .5sec burps.

The walmart 6.5's where by far the loudest, louder than the pioneer 10's. But the 10's where in a sealed alignment and where wired to 16ohm.

Stock speakers aint **** for wall sockets. didnt even last a full .5sec burp.

Also, I think it would be appreciated by most if you would stop calling people stuff. No one is personally attacking you,
I know no one is attacking me. They are acting like douche bags. Including you.

simply you acting like 135 isn’t all that great and you will get SOOOO much better.
Never once said I could do so much better, nor did I say I was going to show you all. Why are idiots in my thread constructing things from thin air.

I don’t know if you got your 11,000 posts acting like that but on any other forum if it got to be a problem you would be banned or nobody would give you any sort of help.
I never asked for help you dumb ****.

Think about that next time you call somebody queer or retarded, smiley face or not, when they offer some constructive criticism.
I can call a queer a queer. If he insists on coming in to my thread acting like god almighty, not even knowing what the hell he is talking about. Forming his own reasoning, because he failed to learn 2nd grade comprehension skills.

FOR THE READING IMPARED.

I have a MT10. I am no competitor, I have the speaker setup in my SUV in one of my daily driving box's, not optimal for SPL in my car. I wanted to meter it to get a feel of what this box is capable of hitting for my daily setup. I hit a 137.0 DBdrag style of metering.

If you think I'm bragging, look again. Just sharing what my particular setup was hitting. Because I was interested.

I may think about doing a SPL install in the future. After playing with the TL and seeing what small things could increase a SPL score. I found it pretty fun. So I may take a crack at testing this thing in different enclosures. Maybe even compete in the future.

Maybe I should have typed it like that from the get go. Bring it down to kindergarden comprehension.

/rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...