metalhead needs a ported box design for a 12" Pioneer TS-W3003D4

Yea HD sells 2ft sections of pipe. 2 part epoxy glue is good to use to glue the pvc to mdf, I also run a bead of Alex Plus caulk around all of the inside seams.

No the port ends don't need to be secured but depending on how you do it can help with the rigidity of the box. I usually try to incorporate a piece of the bracing to support part of the port tube.

edit:

T-lines aren't ideal for every sub. You want one with QTS below .4 and QMS below 7
Are you kidding? Working on a design right now for one for my X 15's...

How wide 45’s in the corners? I would have to angle the blade on my circular saw to cut 45’s on the edges to fit flush. Circular saw and a straight edge using clamps is all I have no table saw. Do they make large triangles I can use in the corners so I don’t need to cut anything?
To make calculations easy use a 45 that's 4 inches across. Circular saws with a straight edge can be just as accurate as a table saw. Your other alternative is to use a piece with square edges at a 45 degree angle and fill in the voids with bondo. I've done that once and it was a pain in the ass to fill and sand down.

Yeah i've analyzed all of those bands and legit they dont ever drop below 40hz.

Brudda I will show you da wae
im with ya on this one already actually, which is why i agreed with the 38 hz. I wasnt sure exactly where the stop was for the lows from these bands, but i know it was around there, so the 38 should take care of it according to what i was previously thinking. We are on the same page here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

now, that avatar? wth is that????

I think a higher qts will affect the shape of the curve and it won't play as flat. It's taking me forever to read the Loudspeaker Design Cookbook and I haven't reached the TL section lol.
Know what? I was just yankin' your chain //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

im with ya on this one already actually, which is why i agreed with the 38 hz. I wasnt sure exactly where the stop was for the lows from these bands, but i know it was around there, so the 38 should take care of it according to what i was previously thinking. We are on the same page here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
lmao I asked him the same thing in another thread.

To make calculations easy use a 45 that's 4 inches across. Circular saws with a straight edge can be just as accurate as a table saw. Your other alternative is to use a piece with square edges at a 45 degree angle and fill in the voids with bondo. I've done that once and it was a pain in the ass to fill and sand down.
I can just angle the blade on my circular saw. I also have a plastic angle cutting guide I can use with a sharp tooth handsaw and then stack multiple pieces on top of each other...lol

Know what? I was just yankin' your chain //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif 

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

lmao I asked him the same thing in another thread.
ugandan knuckles memes. it is dae wae bruddahs

I can just angle the blade on my circular saw. I also have a plastic angle cutting guide I can use with a sharp tooth handsaw and then stack multiple pieces on top of each other...lol
Pretty common for tablesaws to cut angles, rotate the saw at 45 degrees at most. Some maybe more. That tline enclosure with the 45's in the corner, I cut those and was very nervous because the 45's aren't that wide.....watching my fingers which got close to the spinning blade. Yeah yeah use a push stick my voices in my head telling me!! It's more difficult cutting 45's than cutting straight.

Got the top, bottom and back cut and put together. Cut the sides and front tomorrow. Wait for FedEx to deliver my sub and use the pattern for the sub cutout.

I think I will port out the passenger side.

Got the top, bottom and back cut and put together. Cut the sides and front tomorrow. Wait for FedEx to deliver my sub and use the pattern for the sub cutout.
I think I will port out the passenger side.
my car likes port on passengers side

So, 4" wide 45's in the corners?

By my calculations that will leave me with 3.5" between the sub depth and the 45's without having to notch the 45's to push the ports back some. Talk about close. Each port will be 2" away from the top and bottom walls.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.