metalhead needs a ported box design for a 12" Pioneer TS-W3003D4

Watch your net volume... it's under 1.5ft3... and leave clearance with a side port to breathe.. 4" round=4" clearance... you can go less but its easy to adjust airspace to match your available space

having trouble getting a 4" port to fit. 14" high I can't change but the width and depth I can. The box width isn't long enough for the port tuning I want. I will keep trying.

I would like a slot port though...

having trouble getting a 4" port to fit. 14" high I can't change but the width and depth I can. The box width isn't long enough for the port tuning I want. I will keep trying. I would like a slot port though...
Round is more efficient... idk why you are married to the idea of subs/port on the same face... you got plenty of space to play with... 1.6 tuned to 35-6hz... im out... too many cooks will burn the soup!

Round is more efficient... idk why you are married to the idea of subs/port on the same face... you got plenty of space to play with... 1.6 tuned to 35-6hz... im out... too many cooks will burn the soup!
I'm not read the thread. I'm figuring out sub back, port out the side. 14" high is min and max can't change that dimension. The box needs to be deep enough for the sub, port and room to breathe like you said so thats about a 18" deep box or so. To get the airspace of 1.64 net with a torres tuning of 33.97 the width would need to be 17"". 4" port would need to be 15" long. The box would not be wide enough for that port length.

I'm not read the thread. I'm figuring out sub back, port out the side. 14" high is min and max can't change that dimension. The box needs to be deep enough for the sub, port and room to breathe like you said so thats about a 18" deep box or so. To get the airspace of 1.64 net with a torres tuning of 33.97 the width would need to be 17"". 4" port would need to be 15" long. The box would not be wide enough for that port length.
Cant do it now... id like to try to show ya... but Kush is correct try 2 ea 3" ports to make it work...

Sorry...not at home currently

That's what I'm figuring out. Two 3" ports firing out the side.

I figured depth needs to be at least 16". Sub is 7" deep, port is 3" diameter so double that for back wall clearance and 1" for clearance between sub magnet and ports.

14" height x 20" width x 16" depth, 1.69 cf net

two 3" x 16" long ports for a tuning of 34.38hz

16" long ports through the side in a 20" wide box should be plenty of port end to wall clearance?

Its the width and port length and keeping the proper net volume that makes it hard

Play with these volumes and port lengths and see if its close... Torres will have a lower tune probably. 1.65ft3 net 4"port 13"long
4 x 13 port and 1.64 cf net would be 36.04 tuning. This box would be 14 x 19 x 16. Don't think its deep enough. A 14 x 17 x 18 is 1.65cf net with 35.94 tuning.

Bump up the volume to 1.7 and the length to 13.5"... what is it now?
1.71cf w/ 4 x 13.5" is a 34.76 tuning. 14 x 17.5 x 18 dimensions. Not much port end to wall clearance only 3.25" or so. Need at least 4" clearance right with a 4" port?

You got 36" width available... so plenty of side clearance for the side port... you follow?.. try these external measurements... see what you get in Torres.

14"h x 29.5"w x 10.75"d... im spitballing here but a 4" side port 14"long ought to fit pretty easily into those dimensions... try it in Torres and check tuning... mid 30's?.. remember Torres reads low usually. If you got 36" width available use some of it and less depth to fit the port, 14" height will stay the same.

for metal i would not tune anywhere below 38hz. As a metal listener myself, there's barely anything below 40hz. So in the great words of kicker "anything under 40hz is a waste of information" lmfao.

for metal i would not tune anywhere below 38hz. As a metal listener myself, there's barely anything below 40hz. So in the great words of kicker "anything under 40hz is a waste of information" lmfao.
Group delay and phase issues. I'd do 35. Bigger port on smallest recommended box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.