metalhead needs a ported box design for a 12" Pioneer TS-W3003D4

Ok. So what do people tune to if they listen to metal and rap? I may get the urge to show off every now and then so what changes can I make besides make the box bigger since it’s already built?
Do what I said the first time. It would have played anything.

Looks good. If you choose to paint it use Zinsser BIN primer then whatever topcoat you plan on. It sticks mdf very well seals it from soaking up your topcoat.
agreed. mdf soaks up paint like a sponge. I did a few coats of primer before maybe 3 and then painted. Worked well.

Box is done. Letting the glue and caulking dry overnight. Install amp tomorrow. Hopefully it works well don't want to make a sealed box...

Box is done. Letting the glue and caulking dry overnight. Install amp tomorrow. Hopefully it works well don't want to make a sealed box...
sealed box is junk for metal. I have a vast metal library, metal core, old school heavy metal and deathmetal, nothing sounds proper in a sealed box, always lacking a lot of kick and viceral punch especially on the double bass pedals which these fools will say oh no thats the door speaker's job but nope a properly done sub setup spec'd for metal music will pick up all the 50-70hz double bass pedals properly. Hence why i recommended a higher tuning. You dont get sh*t when tuned low..

sealed box is junk for metal. I have a vast metal library, metal core, old school heavy metal and deathmetal, nothing sounds proper in a sealed box, always lacking a lot of kick and viceral punch especially on the double bass pedals which these fools will say oh no thats the door speaker's job but nope a properly done sub setup spec'd for metal music will pick up all the 50-70hz double bass pedals properly. Hence why i recommended a higher tuning. You dont get sh*t when tuned low..
What's the recommened tuning for metal? 38Hz?

View attachment 26557133View attachment 26557134Actual in-car response. Single 10 ported and sealed. Tuned at 33hz. You will see ported has about 5db of bump right at 40hz, the rest above that is the same. Sealed will play much lower. This is no EQ. That little bump at 40hz is the car as well. Btw ported here also has 200 more watts to reach XMAX. That also helps with that output bump.
Hmmm.
Phase son. Phase

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.