memphis vs mtx

Participant count
  • Participant list
right now i have a jl 300/2 amp with a 12" w3 that hits ok but i want more db i was thinking about going with a (memphis 1000 or mtx81000) and 2 mtx 10" 8000. my friend has a s10 with some crappy amp with 2 mtx 10's and it pounds like crazy, it blows mine away i can hear him coming down the street and the volume is low. i might even keep my w3 and get another one so it will make it 2 but i think the amp isnt doing the trick. also since the jl is a dual voice coil i cant bridge the amp so i'm running it in stereo, i hate dual voice coils. the other day i hooked up my old sub on the other channel and it made my system hit harder and i dont know why. just give me ur opinion, thanks also i plan to spend like $1500

Louis

Try this I'm not sure what impedance your sub is because they come in 2,4, and 6 ohm. But anyhow, connect a + and - from your sub. Then you are left with just one + and one -. Bridge those two wires to your amp. That should help you out some.

thanks also i plan to spend like $1500
If you plan to spend 1500, I would go with something a lot bigger than the mtx 10". Though it is not a bad choice. You might want to consider getting another 12" W3. Then use the amp you currently have JL300/2 to power your hi's/mids, and buy another amp, maybe the JL1200.1. That will leave you with money to spare, maybe for a h/u upgrade.

I would buy another amp with more power for your sub and run the dual voice coils in parallel(++ --) then buy or build a bandpass box for your sub. Use the smaller amp on your fronts. If you dont have an eq you should, make sure it has a x-over also. Then I would buy a Pheonix gold bass cube. Then you should be pumpin! Your box is the most important!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.