memphis mc1.100 ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

diesel23
10+ year member

dyer,in
hey guys , ive got a mc1.100 class d amp(550x1@2ohm ,1100x1@1 ohm), im going to be running 2 - 12" dvc 4 ohm(500w rms) flat subs (memphis) , im confused the smaller amps ( the 1.250 and 1.500) only have the mono or 1 set of + and - terminals , on my amp or the bigger amps there are 2 sets of + and - terminals mono amp ? Its like having 2 channels? ,If i run my subs down to 2 ohms i will have 2 sets of wires to install into each of the 2 terminals/channels , i understand that but if i run the 2 subs togther into 1 ohm i will only have 1 set of wires to hook up to amp the + and - , how would i hook end of sub wire to the amp ? would i connect like im bridging a 2 channel amp? or just install into 1 set of the terminals and the amp will know? Also amp is about 50 w more rms then called for on subs would i be better off running them at 1 or 2 ohms? thanks for any advice

The positive and negatives on the amp are connected. It just gives you the ability to run more/larger wire to your subs. For example, if you tried running two 10 gauge wires from one output, it could be a hassle to get them in there. As the amp is now you be able to run a wire from each output to your subs.

My amp has the two outputs too, and I ran a single 12 gauge from each output to each sub. You can do it that way too. I think it looks cleaner not having multiple wires jammed into a single output. If you do it that way with each sub wired to 2 Ohm, the final load on the amp would be 1 Ohm.

fire-mike thanks , thats just what i needed ,really helped!!!, also with my subs do you think ill have an issue with them being just a tad underated? by 50 rms i believe

8 Hours Ago

underdogg

Re: memphis mc1.100 ?

i see u like the amp i sold u ... i still have the box too what year is ur truck
yeah love the amp but havent even used it yet ! Trying to make everything work out before i make the switch, ive got an 08' cclb , the only thing about your box is they cut out for power window and i dont have that so worried about lost air space? anyway yeah get me a price i still maybe able to use it or customize it a bit lol!! im in 46311 lmk underdogg

fire_mike

Re: memphis mc1.100 ?

I'm a fan of over powering, so I'd say you amp/sub combo is matched nicely. You'll really like that amp too.
hey fire-mike thanks thanks for helping a brother out LOL!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.