Mega roll

My container with these cones is due around the first week of May.
We've built a handful with prototype cones -- but that will be when they launch in full force.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

It's really almost identical -- they are a few mm narrower but I put most of that width "savings" into the glue flange -- to both push it AWAY from the screws & to increase the surface area for adhesion.
Ok, I thought you meant the outsides were within millimeters, so they'd work on the same basket.

Yea, I saw some problems on youtube with surround glue adhesion. Hopefully the extra surface area of the flange solves that problem.

Glad to have you posting on this forum //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

Ok, I thought you meant the outsides were within millimeters, so they'd work on the same basket.
Yea, I saw some problems on youtube with surround glue adhesion. Hopefully the extra surface area of the flange solves that problem.

Glad to have you posting on this forum //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif
It's been 99% solved for some time now -- but the new flange makes assembly MUCH quicker and basically fool-proof rather than requiring a ton of prep & attention.

My container with these cones is due around the first week of May.
We've built a handful with prototype cones -- but that will be when they launch in full force.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

It's really almost identical -- they are a few mm narrower but I put most of that width "savings" into the glue flange -- to both push it AWAY from the screws & to increase the surface area for adhesion.
Are these going to use precision coils? I seen you mention that before. I'm guessing when you do price will go up a bit

Are these going to use precision coils? I seen you mention that before. I'm guessing when you do price will go up a bit
We converted the Z v.4 a while back to all PE coils; around August last year for all units built here.

The X v.1 series has started to convert to the HP500 coils from "Zenith" (higher temp Chinese made coils) -- it's still about half and half between those and the original PoYun coils (which are still quite good... we use them in our SA series).

When we go to the X v.2 -- it is really an all new sub so pricing changed anyway by about $50 MAP -- motor went from a 190x66 magnet stack to a 220x75 stack among some other tweaks. They will launch with the HP500 coils & then convert to Precision coils as we get production ramped up on them. The motors will arrive before the PE coils so there will be a transition time.

Interestingly... Precision & Zenith (HP500) charge basically the same price for coils so it won't require any additional pricing changes to the X v.2 woofers. I've also seen, literally, zero HP500 equipped X v.1 subs come back burnt up so those coils are pretty solid too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.