Mega roll

That is on a sub that actully has enough throw to use it. I'm talking motors/baskets that can only support mid 20mm
Because ppl can't afford sundown so they wanna look like sundown. Lol idk really. Kinda goes to show that ppl love the way it looks and Jacob really hit the head of the nail on this one.. I mean skar stole sundown new frames and phat surround and there subs prly don't do 40mm xmax so ask skar why they put fat surrounds on there POS woofers.

Slightly more linear near the sub's actual Xmax, because the surround has plenty of travel. Also, it looks cool. Not worth it though, because you lose cone area and the sub doesn't even utilize all the throw that the surround has.

I feel a lot of people think it's going to give them more xmax.

Personally I think it looks like a hemroid
When I had my X-10, people always commented on how beefy the sub looked. It looks a lot more impressive than mainstream stuff people are used to seeing, imo

Your dd 9" woofer has herpies all around it's ugly surround, gross
Yea, I'm not a fan of the ribbed surround's look. I'd honestly invert that, because the basket and motor are pretty.

Looks like a Lanzar or Sony Xplod to me

Funny thing is they got just as much linear xmax as the X8 and gained sd.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Yea, I'm not a fan of the ribbed surround's look. I'd honestly invert that, because the basket and motor are pretty.
Looks like a Lanzar or Sony Xplod to me
When you see it in person it does not.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.