Mega roll

Ask a question to stir conversation and it turns into a nuthugger paradise.
Massive get off my nuts and change your name to notmassiveSPL.

I'm sick of the dumbshit.
Why u bringing me back into This? I took a 3hr nap and come back and ur still talking about me. Get off my nuts u non loud *****!

Why u bringing me back into This? I took a 3hr nap and come back and ur still talking about me. Get off my nuts u non loud *****!
That's funny. My wife messes with me because if I take a nap I'm out for 3 hours. She can take 15 and go all day.

I nuthug DD. What about the 100099900 people that always say Sundown?

At least I'm nuthugging a more murican build house. That don't have preorders every few months so all of you can pay for first runs.

Or pay $200+ for a Chinese woofer. Or pay $500+ for a 100% Chinese woofer built here.

It could be worse.
so are you saying that dd is chinese ?? i dont know and dont care really....

and i would not mind trying dd but cant afford it. and im not a sundown nut hugger never had any sundown. was looking at there subs but....

what sub does have all us made parts ? or is there any ?

for the price i like my hdc3 .. its not over the top but gets the job done.

Mega roll is utilized very well by jacob, but as far as others they are just using previous successful advertising to sell there own product.

Its like skar if they used to have fans, but started losing customers and decided to include something successful to grab the old customers attentions.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

I wasn't bitching. I was striking conversation?
Not every post is bitching
You're right, sounded more like crying to me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

It's the same thing as you marketing a 4k amps that's actully a 5k. Or a 600 watt sub that's actully a 1000.
Not really... It would be like me saying "Hey bro... my SA-12 has more cone area then your DD 2510."

And that is all well & good since DD does provide the dimensions on their web-site; but it still is a 9" driver.

For the record... I like the new DD "eight" in terms of basket & suspension design. It's pretty cool.

It's the same thing as you marketing a 4k amps that's actully a 5k. Or a 600 watt sub that's actully a 1000.
Would you like amps to be over or under rated?

They're priced for what they actually put out, not their rating. So really, it's not a good or bad thing. Just makes them better for SPL classes, if anything..

Hey let's talk about Mega-Roll v.2 while we are at it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

That is about to launch -- bit more linear profile based on our data over the last few years of the Mega-Roll v.1 on the market (I've found that people that were on the fence about the LOOK of the v.1 have been swayed to like the v.2 look). Easier to mount since we moved the surround away from the screw holes a hair & the new shape angles away so less likely to bump it w/ the drill. It's also inherently stiffer so we can drop a spider layer for the same compliance (reduced mass).

IMAG1671.jpg

IMAG1672.jpg

IMAG1673.jpg

IMAG1674.jpg

IMAG1675.jpg

Most of the difference in "apparent" size is the angle of the roll -- overall dimension are within a few millimeters (total width & height).

Hey let's talk about Mega-Roll v.2 while we are at it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
That is about to launch -- bit more linear profile based on our data over the last few years of the Mega-Roll v.1 on the market (I've found that people that were on the fence about the LOOK of the v.1 have been swayed to like the v.2 look). Easier to mount since we moved the surround away from the screw holes a hair & the new shape angles away so less likely to bump it w/ the drill. It's also inherently stiffer so we can drop a spider layer for the same compliance (reduced mass).

IMAG1671.jpg

IMAG1672.jpg

IMAG1673.jpg

IMAG1674.jpg

IMAG1675.jpg

Most of the difference in "apparent" size is the angle of the roll -- overall dimension are within a few millimeters (total width & height).
When are these going to start hitting shelves on the 10 Z?

IMAG1671.jpg

IMAG1672.jpg

IMAG1673.jpg

IMAG1674.jpg

IMAG1675.jpg

Does the V2 have more actual cone area?

Not really... It would be like me saying "Hey bro... my SA-12 has more cone area then your DD 2510."
And that is all well & good since DD does provide the dimensions on their web-site; but it still is a 9" driver.

For the record... I like the new DD "eight" in terms of basket & suspension design. It's pretty cool.
I hope it's good. If not I'm going to be ticked

When are these going to start hitting shelves on the 10 Z?
My container with these cones is due around the first week of May.

We've built a handful with prototype cones -- but that will be when they launch in full force.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Does the V2 have more actual cone area?
It's really almost identical -- they are a few mm narrower but I put most of that width "savings" into the glue flange -- to both push it AWAY from the screws & to increase the surface area for adhesion.

The dd 2508 should be the 2509

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.