Mechman or Singer?

I love my Singer. The only faults with it aren't due to the alt itself, but rather my truck itself. I have spoken to a few people that have ran both and say that their Singer was still stouter. Plus he has lifetime warranty.

Singer hands down. He will make sure you get taken care of. I had to send mine back to get modifications made for a proper fit. He did it all free of charge and had it back to me within a week. Not to mention the alt is a beast and voltage is no longer an issue.

Thanks for the opinions! Keep 'em coming. The question now is.... if I go with Singer, should I do external regulation?
I'm singer main rep. So my question for you is , why do you think you need an external reg ? Are you running higher voltages for competition ? Or bypass from the cars ecu ?

I'm singer main rep. So my question for you is , why do you think you need an external reg ? Are you running higher voltages for competition ? Or bypass from the cars ecu ?
I'm not super familiar with external regs, but the only reason would be to bypass the ecu. I'm not a competition guy, but do compete in a show or two here and there. The overwhelming majority is just daily driver stuff. Any need for me to externally regulate?

I'm not super familiar with external regs, but the only reason would be to bypass the ecu. I'm not a competition guy, but do compete in a show or two here and there. The overwhelming majority is just daily driver stuff. Any need for me to externally regulate?
Depends on the car. But we make a bypass module for some that bypass the ecu for higher voltage. And it's half the price of the external reg But it may. Either way trigger the battery light and or the check engine light

Depends on the car. But we make a bypass module for some that bypass the ecu for higher voltage. And it's half the price of the external reg But it may. Either way trigger the battery light and or the check engine light
So with my current OEM replacement, (about 40 more amps than factory) I'll have the battery light turn on. It only happens if I've been driving for a really long time or on a really hot day. In the fall and winter it never comes on. I'm assuming it's because the system is saying "no more charging" and basically turns off the alternator. Any idea to what really causes this?

I guess I don't "need" to bypass if I'm staying around 14.4v I just wanted to see if it is something that's recommended and because my buddy was going to give me his external from his car that had a Singer.

Singer for that lifetime warranty and excellent customer service, mylows10 for that sale rep personall experience. My 320A caused my battery light to go on but in guessing that because i went from an 80A to a 320 lol. Go with singer you wont be disappointed

So with my current OEM replacement, (about 40 more amps than factory) I'll have the battery light turn on. It only happens if I've been driving for a really long time or on a really hot day. In the fall and winter it never comes on. I'm assuming it's because the system is saying "no more charging" and basically turns off the alternator. Any idea to what really causes this?
I guess I don't "need" to bypass if I'm staying around 14.4v I just wanted to see if it is something that's recommended and because my buddy was going to give me his external from his car that had a Singer.
Could be an issue with the alt. Really not sure. But if your at 14.4 all the time then it's the regulator that's not compatible with the cars ecu In other words when the ecu tells the alt to stop charging it still is

Could be an issue with the alt. Really not sure. But if your at 14.4 all the time then it's the regulator that's not compatible with the cars ecu In other words when the ecu tells the alt to stop charging it still is
It's at 14.4v until the car warms up A LOT or like I said earlier - a hot day or long drive. So let's say I don't bypass anything or use an external reg, would the Singer reg be compatible with my car?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ObTechAudio

Senior VIP Member
ObTechAudio
Provo, UT
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from