Mechman or Singer?

Don't think your cars ecu controls the alt. We have up to a 320 amp tho
Yeah, I don't think I need a 320 nor do I want to spend that much. I'll only need to power a Q1-3500 off of a D5100R and (2) D3100s. I was thinking a 250 or a 275. The only thing I'm not wild about is I have to fabricate a way to mount it. It's not a direct drop in the stock spot. That's why I really like the Mechman. I can literally just drop it in without worries. I'm not sure how I'm going to fabricate the mounting to fit a 250 or 275. That's my only hesitation. If I could figure that out, I'd buy immediately.

Yeah, I don't think I need a 320 nor do I want to spend that much. I'll only need to power a Q1-3500 off of a D5100R and (2) D3100s. I was thinking a 250 or a 275. The only thing I'm not wild about is I have to fabricate a way to mount it. It's not a direct drop in the stock spot. That's why I really like the Mechman. I can literally just drop it in without worries. I'm not sure how I'm going to fabricate the mounting to fit a 250 or 275. That's my only hesitation. If I could figure that out, I'd buy immediately.
That Id need to talk to mike about. To see if it's a direct fit

That Id need to talk to mike about. To see if it's a direct fit
I've actually talked to Mike about it. He is a super cool guy and very helpful. He sent me photos of people that have larger casing, but they had to do some fabrication to make the top mount work. I know it's not a super big deal, but I don't really have the resources or knowledge to make a bracket that would function properly and wouldn't case belt slip. I've also talked to Mechman and their's is a direct mount. I just opened this thread to see what people were running and what they like/dislike. I already told Mike I was going to buy from him before Thanksgiving, but this mounting thing is really playing with my mind and making me reconsider options. That being said, I still am leaning towards Singer.

I've actually talked to Mike about it. He is a super cool guy and very helpful. He sent me photos of people that have larger casing, but they had to do some fabrication to make the top mount work. I know it's not a super big deal, but I don't really have the resources or knowledge to make a bracket that would function properly and wouldn't case belt slip. I've also talked to Mechman and their's is a direct mount. I just opened this thread to see what people were running and what they like/dislike. I already told Mike I was going to buy from him before Thanksgiving, but this mounting thing is really playing with my mind and making me reconsider options. That being said, I still am leaning towards Singer.
Cool

Would Mike ever make a mounting bracket for it? I'd pay some additional money if he could make an insert that would allow this to mount in easy. It would save me the hassle of trying to find somebody to fabricate.
He's actually doing it for one of my customers now. Who also has a Acura. Was an extra $30 for it

He's actually doing it for one of my customers now. Who also has a Acura. Was an extra $30 for it
That's awesome! If Mike could do it for my Integra, that'd be sweet. I'd pay the extra $30 no problem. Assuming Mike can make that bracket, what's the best way to order? Should I go through you, or continue my chat directly with Mike?

That's awesome! If Mike could do it for my Integra, that'd be sweet. I'd pay the extra $30 no problem. Assuming Mike can make that bracket, what's the best way to order? Should I go through you, or continue my chat directly with Mike?
Either way is fine. But my ordered tend to be a bit faster most of the time

Either way is fine. But my ordered tend to be a bit faster most of the time
Awesome. Well if Mike can make that bracket for the Integra, let me know so you and I can get some payment going for my Xmas present //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Awesome. Well if Mike can make that bracket for the Integra, let me know so you and I can get some payment going for my Xmas present //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
He can

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ObTechAudio

Senior VIP Member
ObTechAudio
Provo, UT
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from