How to run sub amp and door speakers amp off one RCA preout?

Participant count
  • Participant list

LongThrow

My Kickers be swaggin'
I have a pioneer deh150. Just one 2.5v preouts. Has a switchable between these modes

REAR1(rear door speakers full range)/REAR2(front speakers full range) for all door speakers no sub if using amp or just head unit.

REAR1/SUB would control speakers and subwoofer if amp and sub was connected.

SUB/SUB rear door speakers powered by head unit become a standalone subwoofer playing LPF. And subwoofer is connected with amp.

If I have 2 full range speakers with HPF on my head unit at 100, full range selected on amp

And

I have my sub on LPF 100 on the head unit and amp.

What would I set my preout mode to if I'm running off one rca? I found an adapter to separate each rca channel into two channels so I can hook up to amps.

Would this be correct?

Is this an older model?

Just one channel output?

Appears to be mono out only?

That isn't good for music reproduction for front stage as it's common for different information to be on each channel.

I personally wouldn't recommend using the headunit but if you choose to do so, the cable would have to output in full range mode.

You can either run it into an amplifier that has non-processing line out into the next amp or run the primary mono rca into a 2 or 3way active crossover which will filter, separate and offer line driver capability(not completely necessary) for each amplifier to be used in the setup.

Is this an older model?Just one channel output?

Appears to be mono out only?

That isn't good for music reproduction for front stage as it's common for different information to be on each channel.

I personally wouldn't recommend using the headunit but if you choose to do so, the cable would have to output in full range mode.

You can either run it into an amplifier that has non-processing line out into the next amp or run the primary mono rca into a 2 or 3way active crossover which will filter, separate and offer line driver capability(not completely necessary) for each amplifier to be used in the setup.
My Rca preouts aren't mono I get stereo from them. I figured I could just use my hpf on my head unit to control the hpf for my door speakers while the amp is set in full range. And use the lpf on my head unit for my sub. I guess I have my answer

If I used Rear/sub in S/P mode that would be sending a LPF signal to both amps, would it still send lpf to my mids/highs amp even if its set on Full range? Can't turn off lpf on my head unit when sub preout is selected but if I select full range on my head unit I lose sub control on my head unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.