mdf

Participant count
  • Participant list
Originally posted by Jmac MDF is basically made of hundreds of compressed sheets of wood.

Particle board is made of thousands of compressed wood chips. Particle board is also known as LDF or Low Density Fibreboard. They're usually good for up to 250 watts.
MDF is made from 100's of comppressed sheets of wood ?? Hmm I think jmac is wrong //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

MDF is a type of particle board -- it is made of wood particles glued together by synthetic resin, with a medium density - as opposed to hardboard. They are typically found in 4' x 8' sheets, with 3/4" thickness, and are commonly used in furniture and cabinetry.

Originally posted by paikiah Then anyone using HDF??? does it go by any other name?
HDF is also known as high density marine plyboard

MDF is just as dense as particle board (MDO) as they are compressed to the same stress... but as mdf is much smoother and also particle board is main purpose in life (useless for much else other than subfloor) is for laminating... it is more coarse and provides a better surface and needs far less prep in laminate or thermofuse applications.

mdf on the other hand is to smooth and requires a bit of scuffing

oh... when u get good at building u will not use screws ... u merely dovetail your joints a bit of glue and you get a much more strong connection and u can say... "wow". and find that if your not a cabinet maker or something close... then u just spent a lot of time learning something that is totally USELESS to you

Originally posted by ReversdPolarity HDF is also known as high density marine plyboard

MDF is just as dense as particle board (MDO) as they are compressed to the same stress... but as mdf is much smoother and also particle board is main purpose in life (useless for much else other than subfloor) is for laminating... it is more coarse and provides a better surface and needs far less prep in laminate or thermofuse applications.

mdf on the other hand is to smooth and requires a bit of scuffing

oh... when u get good at building u will not use screws ... u merely dovetail your joints a bit of glue and you get a much more strong connection and u can say... "wow". and find that if your not a cabinet maker or something close... then u just spent a lot of time learning something that is totally USELESS to you

hahahha...but from all the box-building that I've done (only done 1, but did a lot of samples), I now plan to make my own bed and have a little system done up for my room under the bed...kekek..I know it might be a longshot, but I do like my GT3, and I do like a good sound system everywhere I go~

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.