Mb Quart ONX1.1500D do rated?

or you could just series all the coils together and get 16ohms stop looking at pictures and diagrames and do some **** reading. just because you have more post than him doesnt mean you are instantly smarter than him so in this case you are the noob and ive ran both amps side be side in the same car for comparison and the rep can stand be his word because termlab showed equal #s accross the ohm load
Must not have read that I said no one uses series/series to get a ******* 16 ohm load on woofers and if you do your retarded...

wild bill dont get so butt hurt

1 guy has a dsc 1500 wired to 1 ohm and with box rise gets 1400w and now they all do it. If that was tru why not make more money and sell a 1400watt amp at 2ohm??

wild bill dont get so butt hurt
1 guy has a dsc 1500 wired to 1 ohm and with box rise gets 1400w and now they all do it. If that was tru why not make more money and sell a 1400watt amp at 2ohm??
Since when do bench tests involve boxs?

More than a couple have said that they bench tested it and got underrated results, not all of them are going to post in the thread. They could want to sell it at that rating because of what they have to report as THD and noise and efficiency

Might be 80% efficient at 750 watts at 2 ohms but only 60% efficient at 1400 watts at 2 ohms... Lots of people look at efficiency also 1400 watts could have been on edge of clipping they could want to save people from putting it a little past 1400 watts and frying their stuff and then calling the amp a piece of junk

Xanthos you are asking if out of 100 DSC sold would 80 of them do over rated at 2 ohms equalling 1k the answer is if one does it straight out factory they all should.. The rep is talking about the onyx series vs the older dsc series they are different out of factory
Your comparing apples to oranges
no I'm not. What I meant was people disagree on whether or not the dsc will do 1000 rms at 2 ohms. Do 80/100 people agree that it will do 1000 rms at 2 ohms?

no I'm not. What I meant was people disagree on whether or not the dsc will do 1000 rms at 2 ohms. Do 80/100 people agree that it will do 1000 rms at 2 ohms?
It really depends on whether you think the people that took the time to bench test it should be listened to...

A lot of people either A) Do not care and just want it for the 1500 watts it's rated for. B) Do not want it to be true because they paid lots of $$ for a different amp to do the same thing. C) Are stuck on some other amps nuts and will argue till blue in the face to make it sound like it doesn't so that when they can sleep at night.

I have only heard about 5 different people say they have bench tested it and found it to be underrated(it does more than we are told). That means 5/5 that I have been told tested it know for a fact that it is underrated. So that means so far that no one has bench tested it and found it otherwise that I MYSELF know of.

Anyone that has not bench tested it or has not seen it bench test cannot say its not underratted without proof.

It really depends on whether you think the people that took the time to bench test it should be listened to...
A lot of people either A) Do not care and just want it for the 1500 watts it's rated for. B) Do not want it to be true because they paid lots of $$ for a different amp to do the same thing. C) Are stuck on some other amps nuts and will argue till blue in the face to make it sound like it doesn't so that when they can sleep at night.

I have only heard about 5 different people say they have bench tested it and found it to be underrated(it does more than we are told). That means 5/5 that I have been told tested it know for a fact that it is underrated. So that means so far that no one has bench tested it and found it otherwise that I MYSELF know of.

Anyone that has not bench tested it or has not seen it bench test cannot say its not underratted without proof.
Alright, thanks. Is there a way to bench test it at home with a dmm?

look the dsc line was a very nice amp for the money but you cant expect every single 1500 to do 200 or ever 400+ watts over its rated power. its a very cheap line of amps that will do rated power and a little more. on the other hand i do NOT see its newer onyx line doing rated power and for its price tagh why would you even be looking at such a amp? answer that before you fill the forum up with this long thread...why even care if this newer amp does rated? its now owned by hifonics...no longer the same build quality as before IMO

look the dsc line was a very nice amp for the money but you cant expect every single 1500 to do 200 or ever 400+ watts over its rated power. its a very cheap line of amps that will do rated power and a little more. on the other hand i do NOT see its newer onyx line doing rated power and for its price tagh why would you even be looking at such a amp? answer that before you fill the forum up with this long thread...why even care if this newer amp does rated? its now owned by hifonics...no longer the same build quality as before IMO
I hear you. Well, If the dsc may not do 1000 rms. Could you give me a very good amp/money that pushes 1000-1200 rms at 2 ohms for under $300?

Dsc is owned by them as well they said same shut just a little more efficient and less noise some more wattage on the higher ohm end.

I do not see why I wouldn't look at the amp I was looking for 1k watts at 2 ohms which it is saying it does for only 300 bucks. What I was asking was if it was underrated because if not I knew the dsc was and could do the same 1k watts at 2 ohms and I would just get it being that there would be no difference... And like I said earlier I haven't heard anyone showing a bench test of a dsc not doing pretty high amounts over rated.

Till then I believe they have all been made the same and if one does they all should unless faulty...

Dsc is owned by them as well they said same shut just a little more efficient and less noise some more wattage on the higher ohm end.
I do not see why I wouldn't look at the amp I was looking for 1k watts at 2 ohms which it is saying it does for only 300 bucks. What I was asking was if it was underrated because if not I knew the dsc was and could do the same 1k watts at 2 ohms and I would just get it being that there would be no difference... And like I said earlier I haven't heard anyone showing a bench test of a dsc not doing pretty high amounts over rated.

Till then I believe they have all been made the same and if one does they all should unless faulty...
so how come all kicker and mtx amps come with birth sheets and can be as much as 18watts over rated or 400 over rated? i dont care to argue dude theres no reason to spend the extra cash on the newer line if the dsc will do what you want. also the onyx line wont do rated power //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

For its price tag? It's $299... The saz 1500 is like 450 aren't they? Or more? For the same power and before you say saz has a better board and build quality, I'm gonna say that's why there is a $150-$200 difference

Also when people have bench tested theirs to be 50% underrated then I think 250 watts would not be hard for them to obtain over there rated values
please post a link to these so called bench test since ive owned the dsc1500 and i owned the VERY LAST DSC2000.1 PROTOTYPE AMP BEFORE IT WENT INTO FINAL and was made to be sold...so ive owned them also and can honestly say NEITHER WAS 50% UNDERRATED...

For its price tag? It's $299... The saz 1500 is like 450 aren't they? Or more? For the same power and before you say saz has a better board and build quality, I'm gonna say that's why there is a $150-$200 difference
granted the saz does have better build...i think the SAZ's are overpriced...i got my dsc1500.1 brand new for 180 shipped...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.