Mb Quart ONX1.1500D do rated?

Is the chance over 80% that the dsc does over 1000 rms at 2 ohms? If so, I going to buy it. I need 1000-1200 rms at 2 ohms.
Buy: $229

MB Quart DSC-1500.1D (dsc15001d) - Monoblock Car Amplifier, Power Amp - Sonic Electronix
They are all built the same I don't see one built the same as another doing less unless it is faulty some how

They are all built the same I don't see one built the same as another doing less unless it is faulty some how
I thought someone from maxxsonic said they were built differently..?

"Yes, the ONYX amps do rated and in most cases, more then the specs reveal.

The ONYX are the Discus replacements but we have made upgrades and board lay out changes to improve THD & N, changes to better improve efficiency, thermal balance for concistant power through out the extreme temperature ranges caused by mounting locations and geographical locations.

The pre-amp has gone through a few minor changes to improve the linearity of the potentiometers and reduced THD & N.

There are also the obvious cosmetic changes as well.

We are selling 25% more ONYX then the previous Discus models and returns are also lower so it's working pretty well so far."

So basically what your saying, In Series. Resistance doesn't equal the Sum of all Resistance in a Circuit?

Theres a difference between Series, Parallel and Series-Parallel. Go learn them.

So basically what your saying, In Series. Resistance doesn't equal the Sum of all Resistance in a Circuit?
Theres a difference between Series, Parallel and Series-Parallel. Go learn them.
Except that you can't do series on 2 4 ohm dvc subs it's series/parallel only you tard

Xanthos you are asking if out of 100 DSC sold would 80 of them do over rated at 2 ohms equalling 1k the answer is if one does it straight out factory they all should.. The rep is talking about the onyx series vs the older dsc series they are different out of factory

Your comparing apples to oranges

wait... this thread is fail by me.... I don't know what I was thinking 2 4 ohm DVC speakers to one channel wired in series is 1 ohm not .5 i dont know what I was thinking... been a busy last couple of days got my **** backwards... that means either way Im gonna get the 1500 watts at 1 ohm... now to decide whether or not to get the ONX or DSC.... Im kind of worried cause some say the ONX wont do rated... I know the rep said it would but its a rep..
I don't see anything about Series-Parallel in this post.

Forget it, your too stubborn to listen to what I'm saying. Oh and you never told me how I'm wrong.

Bro your retarded bro I not have to tell you series/parallel I said 2 4 ohm dvc subs which can only be parallel/parallel or series/parallel... Each speaker will have an 8 ohm impendence which when put together on a mom block amp divides it in half for the ohms the amp sees... There BRO explained

Dual voice coil 4 ohm

1st sub Parallel(2) if you add another sub it is in parallel with it making it parallel(2)/parallel(2) making it a 1 ohm load

1st sub Series(8) if you add another sub you are putting it in parallel with it making it series(8)/parallel(2) making it a 4 ohm load

DVC 2 ohm woofers

1st sub parallel(1) if you add another sub you are making it parallel to it making it parallel(1)/parallel(2) so you have a .5 ohm load

1st sub series(4) if you add another sub to it then it would make it parallel to it making it series(4)/parallel(2) comming out with a final load of 2 ohms

Understand? And no one better put that there is a series/series for these cause no one uses that ****.. Also this is all assuming you wire them separate and connect them at the amp and not wiring voice coils from one sub to the other

or you could just series all the coils together and get 16ohms stop looking at pictures and diagrames and do some **** reading. just because you have more post than him doesnt mean you are instantly smarter than him so in this case you are the noob and ive ran both amps side be side in the same car for comparison and the rep can stand be his word because termlab showed equal #s accross the ohm load

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.