MB Quart DCS 1500.1D or Keep my hifonics 1606D??

Participant count
  • Participant list

microhaxo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MINNESOTA
I have an Acoustic Elegance Sub that i love, the SQ is amazing. I was told that if i changed amps to the MB Quart DSC 1500.1D that i would notice a significant increase in SQ.

I dont run any bass boost and the deck and amps are tuned via oscilloscope to prevent any chance of clipping.

Should i just keep my 1606D or should i sell it and buy a DSC 1500.1 I have gotten a few answers but i want to know from anyone who has this amp if there is really a big difference SQ wise.

Keep in mind im only running 1000w RMS.

The thing that gets me is that Sonic lists that the 1610D THD is 0.08% at RMS and that the DSC 1500.1D is 0.10% THD at RMS.

Yet i hear that the DSC is a much better amp quality wise?

Doubtfull. Pretty sure they are made by the same company, and probably share a lot of the same parts. Maybe if you used an Arc Audio SE line it would be audible, but even then it's hard to hear it on a sub. Let's put it this way, you could, and people do, debate this all the time.

They are made by the same company, but i heard that the MB Quart amp is a completely different board and uses much higher quality parts.

Hopefully someone who has this amp can chime in.

you can look in the amp guts and see they are totally dif amps but hearing the difference is doubtful. they are a better amp than the brutus line, and they are owned by the same parent company but that is where the similarities end. the dsc is definately more power which you do not need obviously, and it is a cleaner amp regardless of the printed specs (.08% vs .10% ), but to hear the difference in 1 d class from another is really negligable at best.

if want amp specs do not go by unauthorized sources that usually misprint the info. go straight to the manufacturer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.