MB quart amps?

Hey Nether. I notice you are running a raa-4200.What are the differences between the RAA & QAA? I'm currently looking at puting an active system in my F150 and am trying to sort through 4 channel amp decision HELL myself.Also, any other amps you could suggest I should check out?Thanx lots

Hey Nether. I notice you are running a raa-4200.What are the differences between the RAA & QAA? I'm currently looking at puting an active system in my F150 and am trying to sort through 4 channel amp decision HELL myself.Also, any other amps you could suggest I should check out?Thanx lots

well from searching all i found is that it has a Digital readout on the top thats really IT. lol other then that power should be the same.

What are the differences between the RAA & QAA?
At one point I was looking at the QAA lineup, so I went to the Rockford forum and asked questions and what I found was that the RAA line is roughly on par or maybe a notch above the Rockford Punch line and that the QAA was on par with the Rockford Power/RF line.....All the Quart amps were built by Rockford when Quart was owned by Rockford......hope this helps some...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

really.. power series hmm... still wish i could get some spec's on them.
Go over to Rockfords website and long onto the forum, there is lots of info on those amps over there and there is always someone willing to answer all your questions about them......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Thanks for the info guys!I'll check out RF site and try to make some sense of all this.Any other amp ideas for active system(probably going with SEAS 8 ohm drivers) so looking around 50-100 watts at 8 ohms.These MBQ amps certainly fit that bill, just trying to explore more options.Also like the great range of x-over freqs (active req.)Thanx again

lol they deleted my thread about MB quart so im back too this....

lol...

can i link 2 of the 1000 amps together caus ei want 2 IDMAX subs each sub run off an amp.

what do you mean link two of them together?

one IDMAX off of each RAA1000? Ifs so, why woudl you need to "link" them together? Just get an RCA splitter so each amp can get the sam signal.

what do you mean link two of them together?
one IDMAX off of each RAA1000? Ifs so, why woudl you need to "link" them together? Just get an RCA splitter so each amp can get the sam signal.
thanks forgot to check those Y connectors. thanks hahah

any info in QAA AMPS? worth it? i have a RAA1000 and RAA4200 worth getting the QAA version?

well here's the thing, the RAA amps are notorious for the popping and hissing in their amps. also the QAA 4 channel amp has gobs of power to be had (250 x 4 @ 4 ohms) while the reference is like 100 x 4 @ 4 ohms. there has been no constant issues with the QAA amps. if you need the power, i'd upgrade to the QAA amp.

as for power i've tried to look up the specs on the QAA mono amp and from specs none have shown a power output @ 1 ohm so it seems that they are not 1 ohm stable. but also something to consider is your electrical system. if you don't have a sufficient electrical system the QAA mono amp is a class a/b amp which of course are less efficient while the RAA mono amp is class d. so if you don't have a sufficient electrical system i'd stick with the RAA amp if not then its up to you. i'm sure you know the huge debate over what sounds better on a sub: class a/b vs class d. many people argue that there is an audible difference between the two and others say science says it doesn't.

Netherland24, have you had any problems with your RAA4200(pops,clicks,need for resistor or alternator upgrade,etc.).Also,have you run other amps with your set-up so you could give us a comparison?I'm having trouble finding an owner's manual for these amps (or something else wiyh detailed specs.)too.Later

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.