Not overheating but shutting off?

skadude016
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Canton, GA
I have a viper 1200.1 and I am running it at a 2 ohm load. So the ohm load is not a problem. On certain songs when the bass really gets heavy it goes into protect mode for about 5 seconds. Then comes back on then off and so on and so forth. I feel the amp for heat and its not even warm. Am i having really bad voltage drops or what? the shutting off is getting worse every time i have my music up.

thanks

my amp did about the same, mine was a loose ground wire. It would shake loose and go into protect mode. So that would be worth checking into.

my amp did about the same, mine was a loose ground wire. It would shake loose and go into protect mode. So that would be worth checking into.
naw its not a loose ground i already checked all that. I play the same song and right at about the same part of the song the amp shuts off

Ive experienced the same exact problem. Only difference is that its only happend to me 2wice and on the same song both times. Its happened toward the last 30 seconds of "Soul Survivor" by young jeezy f/akon. Ive listened to that song many times b4, but for some reason there were 2 times where the amp just cut out for about 20 seconds. When the amp came back on i turned up the volume again even louder on a different song ( just as a test) and it was perfectly fine. I was woundering if it may have something to do with the bass in that song because it gets extremely low. Do really low frequency's require alot of power to get loud which might upset the amp?

either the charging system isnt supplying enough power to help the amp power through those super deep notes, or the speaker has a slight impedance drop at that particular note that causes the amp to shut off. diamond coaxials, and some components seem to have that problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.