MAYBE Sealed setup.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Savackz

CarAudio.com Elite
GA
I have my setup below right now and am wondering if I want to go sealed. I just don't play my system full tilt now a days and really only play regular music rather than rebassed and slowed music. So I am thinking of doing a sealed setup. What are your guys' opinion on this?

[quote name='Jeffdachef']stereo integrity ht or dayton audio HO[/QUOTE]

I was thinking two of those 18s at 2 ohms on my soundqubed. Too much power? @Jeffdachef

Tc 2000 15's or lms-r ultras if you wanna go nuts. I have a pair of the tc-2000 12's and its nuts how loud they get and clean they sound. Took my IA 20.1 without flinching.. You could set your gains moderately and have nice head room. If you don't mind spending the money the lms-r ultras will be really nasty I'm sure.

Tc 2000 15's or lms-r ultras if you wanna go nuts. I have a pair of the tc-2000 12's and its nuts how loud they get and clean they sound. Took my IA 20.1 without flinching.. You could set your gains moderately and have nice head room. If you don't mind spending the money the lms-r ultras will be really nasty I'm sure.
I am looking more around 150 per woofer. Maybe 200.

they will take all of it, its a sealed box so you arent gonna run into too much mechanical issues.
At 2 ohms, those would be fine? And would you recommend the HT18 or the DAytons?

I have the clearance. I have 2 15s in 7 cubes after all displacements right now so. Can't complain for space.

two HT 18s need 8 cubes after displacement. HO 18s need 6-8
HOs cost more, 3 inch coil

HTs cost a lot less, 2.5" coil and a lot beefier magnet
Do you mind linking your Dayton HO that you are scoping out? I see a few of them.

Okay. I might end up going with the HT18s and have to get a crossover/equalizer for everything else. Trying to decide whether to sell my stuff first.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.