Massive voltage drop even with 310A alternator!!

Just change the **** fuses and get back to us
Theres only the one fuse under the hood and I dont have another and I dont think anywhere in town here even carries a 300A ANL fuse. And my cable run isn't long enough to eliminate the fuse altogether

But I've already got 5250 count 0 gauge going from front to back....surely 1500W shouldn't show drops like that through that kind of cable?
I'm willing to bet like everyone else it's 1: a loose ring terminal, 2: a bad fuse, or 3: a bad ground; maybe paint wasn't stripped before grounding, not tight enough. Check all these things and get back

I'm willing to bet like everyone else it's 1: a loose ring terminal, 2: a bad fuse, or 3: a bad ground; maybe paint wasn't stripped before grounding, not tight enough. Check all these things and get back
If paint wasn't stripped before grounding then I would end up seeing a ton of resistance in my ground wouldn't I? And I've already stated all my grounds read 0.3-0.4ohms

Theres only the one fuse under the hood and I dont have another and I dont think anywhere in town here even carries a 300A ANL fuse. And my cable run isn't long enough to eliminate the fuse altogether
Idc if you have to drive 100miles either replace and get back to us or stop complaining. And bestbuy usually has 300 amp fuses if you ask or at least 250amp or 200amp since you shouldnt be drawing more that 200amps for 1500w

i think you neeed to figure it out for yourself and just let us know what it was. you're obviously not going to listen to anyone here.
I've done pretty much everything anybody here has suggested already. I just changed the fuse from a 250A to a 300A not 2 months ago. Voltage issues have been the same. I just re-did some ring terminals not 2 weeks ago and nothing is loose. And all my grounds read within an acceptable resistance range. So...Short of throwing more money at this to change out the whole run, which I really don't want to have to do right now. What else could cause this?

What batts are you running and how many of them? have you tested these? also check terminals are tight and earths are all good
I've already stated that I'm running my stock battery and have tried a brand new one and it made no difference and just got finished saying all my terminals and grounds are GOOD.

you need more than one standard battery.
problem solved

get a dry cell batt in the rear
This is not a matter of having too few batteries. There are plenty of people that run more power than me on even STOCK electrical and don't have the problem I'm having. With a 310A alternator, BIG 3 and 0 gauge all around the voltage needle should barely even flinch at 1500W.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.