need help on amp selection

I have a stock radio and I'm using a line output converter. It has gain knobs and two ground wires but I don't know where to ground and or how to tune gain.my power is a 4g along with my ground.grounded out to the rear seat bolt in my Mazda 3 sedan.

I have a stock radio and I'm using a line output converter. It has gain knobs and two ground wires but I don't know where to ground and or how to tune gain.my power is a 4g along with my ground.grounded out to the rear seat bolt in my Mazda 3 sedan.

If you have no noise in the system you don't need to ground the LOC. Gain setting is simple but can seem complicated and since you say you don't know how to set it, we'll assume you have it too high. Lastly, seat bolts often make poor grounds.

I would find a good location where you can grind the paint off the frame or a strut tower and move the ground to there. Then, do a search here for gain setting and read up. If you have questions, feel free to ask them after you've gotten some familiarity with the process through reading.

Not to thread jack but, my rear ground is on a bolt that is already attached to the frame, it was sanded as best as the space would allow, would I be better off with making a ground point seperate from said bolt?

Not to thread jack but, my rear ground is on a bolt that is already attached to the frame, it was sanded as best as the space would allow, would I be better off with making a ground point seperate from said bolt?
I most cases yes William. The bolt is usually tac welded and doesn't give the best point to ground. Better to make your own if possible especially on unibody cars

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.