Massive voltage drop even with 310A alternator!!

doesn't matter ya ***.... go get another drycell batt with over 7/800 cca rating and wiring it into your system then tell me it didn't work. or just keep whining coz you cant fix your system.... hope som1 else helps you

ohhh and heads up I only run about 1200wrms and need two drycell batts so I don't get dimming ect

but my alt is only like 80 or sumfin... no were near what yours should be

ohhh and heads up I only run about 1200wrms and need two drycell batts so I don't get dimming ectbut my alt is only like 80 or sumfin... no were near what yours should be
Must be an Australian thing? Alot of sharks?

note that you are completing a circuit that includes the path for power and ground. if you are relying on the chassis for ground - that is likely where your problem lies.

run dedicated ground back to the front with copper (not CCA) and you should see the improvement you are looking for. minimize all resistance sources from alt to battery to amps.

thinner steel, prepainted and tack-welded floor pans, etc. are making chassis grounds for high power systems a thing of the past.

ohhh and heads up I only run about 1200wrms and need two drycell batts so I don't get dimming ectbut my alt is only like 80 or sumfin... no were near what yours should be
Hence why I say I shouldn't need extra batteries for this. My alt idles at 180A and 310A peak. There is obviously something else going on here.

note that you are completing a circuit that includes the path for power and ground. if you are relying on the chassis for ground - that is likely where your problem lies.
run dedicated ground back to the front with copper (not CCA) and you should see the improvement you are looking for. minimize all resistance sources from alt to battery to amps.

thinner steel, prepainted and tack-welded floor pans, etc. are making chassis grounds for high power systems a thing of the past.
Would I have to replace the main CCA power run as well with OFC? or just the ground should suffice? Cuz 2 runs of OFC is almost $200 (shipping to canada is retrded)

CCA ***** donkey balls i've used those shok wires, big as hell but no substance whatsoever, and even with a big alternator, you always need a battery bank. Your battery is stock which is sh*t for car audio. Either sell it and get the beefiest agm battery you can fit under the hood or add a battery to the back. I'd say do the extra battery in the back so you can have straight up power and ground runs to the amps without having to use a distro block.

CCA ***** donkey balls i've used those shok wires, big as hell but no substance whatsoever, and even with a big alternator, you always need a battery bank. Your battery is stock which is sh*t for car audio. Either sell it and get the beefiest agm battery you can fit under the hood or add a battery to the back. I'd say do the extra battery in the back so you can have straight up power and ground runs to the amps without having to use a distro block.
What brand of cable would you suggest for OFC that's not gonna be murder on the wallet?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.