Massive Audio Torox 104 versus Power Acoustik GW3-10?

Participant count
  • Participant list

agr1759

Greetings folks,

I am just interested in getting some opinions, experience, thoughts on whether I should choose the Massive Audio Torox 104 or the Power Acoustik GW3-10 for my truck. I will be installing one of these subs in an under-seat coated 1 cu. ft. enclosure (sealed). The sub will be down-firing. It will be going in to my 1997 Chevrolet K1500 Extended Cab. Enclosure specs can be found at

https://www.atrendusa.com/atrend-vehicle-specific-enclosure-single-10-gm-extended-cab-88-98

I have narrowed my choices down to these two subwoofers based on most RMS power possible combined with mounting depth of the enclosure, combined with manufacturer recommendations of appropriate enclosure sizes for the two subwoofers.

I don't know much about either subwoofer or brand. I know that the P.A. GW3-10 handles slightly less RMS and has a slightly lower sensitivity, but it also has same size voice coil and magnet mass. It also has a pretty old school looking basket/magnet design combined with half the price tag of the M.A. Torox 104. On the other hand, I love the newer look/design, higher RMS handling, higher sensitivity of the Torox 104. I lean more towards rubber surrounds like the P.A. GW3-10, but am also happy with foam surrounds like the Torox 104 has.

Basically, I consider the differences between the two subs to be negligible, at least according to my standards. I only have room for one subwoofer, the enclosure I mentioned is the only enclosure I am interested in. I want great sound quality but also want large amounts of bass on call, hence the reason I am interested in a sub pushing 1k RMS or more. I am open to suggestions for other 10" subs with a mounting depth of 6.5" or less, that handle 1k RMS or greater, but please make sure suggestions meet those qualifications. Any advice/opinions based on experience or knowledge of these two subwoofers in welcome. Thank you for the time and help folks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.