Massive Audio Hippo Series

FI is built in america with tougher american wound coils. Massive is off the shelf china same stuff with american bass and soundqubed same build house and motor designs for the most part. Its solid but its nothing special, dime a dozen (decent dime a dozen) but mainly geared towards spl. I'd go with the BL or BTL over the sp4, I've never been impressed by any SP4 builds but i've had my organs rearranged with BTL neos. SP4s dont have any decent efficiency and need stupid power just to get as loud as other subs.
[/QUOT
FI is built in america with tougher american wound coils. Massive is off the shelf china same stuff with american bass and soundqubed same build house and motor designs for the most part. Its solid but its nothing special, dime a dozen (decent dime a dozen) but mainly geared towards spl. I'd go with the BL or BTL over the sp4, I've never been impressed by any SP4 builds but i've had my organs rearranged with BTL neos. SP4s dont have any decent efficiency and need stupid power just to get as loud as other subs.
id love to give them a try but can’t buy any right now from there website. Any other places that you could purchase new and be trustworthy?

lmao good luck with covid. supply line's fucked and logistics is fucked. You'll be fine with the hippos or american bass or soundqubed They arent slouches either because you'll be looking at 4-5 months actual wait time (even though they say 2-3 months)for an FI sub. When they get backlogged, they get BACKLOGGED to hell.

Soundqubed now has the HDX line. Play lower than the old HDC3 line. I have no experience with the X line but have had quite a few HDC3s. I wouldn't hesitative in running them again.

lmao good luck with covid. supply line's fucked and logistics is fucked. You'll be fine with the hippos or american bass or soundqubed They arent slouches either because you'll be looking at 4-5 months actual wait time (even though they say 2-3 months)for an FI sub. When they get backlogged, they get BACKLOGGED to hell.
Yea I figured maybe a future build haha. Right now the 2 options I’m looking at are hdx4 15 and the hippo. I notice that the Fs on the Sq is just below 30hz and the hippo is just above 40hz. My goal is to have a daily that bumps on most of my rap and pop that I listen. I feel like 30hz will be too low and the 40hz will be to high so I’m thinking of going for a custom box for 35 hz. So should I up the frequency on the Sq or lower on the hippo? Which on do you believe will be louder? I really appreciate the help too man I’m really new to this.

Soundqubed now has the HDX line. Play lower than the old HDC3 line. I have no experience with the X line but have had quite a few HDC3s. I wouldn't hesitative in running them again.
I’m looking at the HDX4 rn and stuck between that and the hippo with which one will be louder

HippoXL is basically an HDC4. The Hippo has a higher FS, slightly higher sensitivity, and stiffer suspension. So HDX4 for playing lower. HippoXL if you don't care for stupid low music.

HippoXL is basically an HDC4. The Hippo has a higher FS, slightly higher sensitivity, and stiffer suspension. So HDX4 for playing lower. HippoXL if you don't care for stupid low music.
That leads me to the hippo thanks for the help and would I be able to go a little lower than the 40hz Fs like to 38hz? Or will that mess something up?

Hahaha I noticed.... I like around 35hz and up so I think I’ll go for the hippo I’ll update my build when complete on here it’ll be a while but very much worth the wait! Thanks for the help everyone

Please provide feedback on the hippo(s). I've been eyefucking them for a while.
Will do! I’m not sure how long it’ll be because I’m not trying to buy everything of one paycheck hahaha but I’ll definitely let you know. I’m currently looking for what amp I wan to run with it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.