Making speaker stands

Participant count
  • Participant list

subzero
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Where can I find the meterial to make some stands for my speakers. I figure I will use solid oak or pine wood. Where can I find the spike feet and shock absorbing pads or whatever is supossed to be used.. The speakers are about 23 inches tall and 14 wide by 11 deep. I want to raise them up about 15 inches or more.

I would appriciate any ideas and input. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
The material you use to make the speakers stands depends on what you want it the way of looks. I mean lets face it, you can use ALOT of **** to make a speakers stands. Decide on how you want it to look then worry about how you need to build it to suit the size and weight of the speakers so it's stucturally sound

Well, I wanted the to be the same height as th speaker, 23 1/2 inches x 14 1/4 wide and 11 1/2 deep. and I wanted them to have the same finish as the speakers. The design is like a pedistle here is a pic I made up.

untitled-4.jpg

for these.

jbl-4312.jpg

I dont know what is best for speaker stands. I want them to sound the best. I live in an apartment so I have to keep them turned down quite a bit. The walls are seemingly paper thin.

My plan was to make these stands out of solid oak or something similar and stain them to match my speakers.

My plan was to make these stands out of solid oak or something similar and stain them to match my speakers.
It's whatever you want man, I'm not here to tell you what I think "looks the best" because this isn't my setup.

Your headed in the right direction; either option will work. Just pull the trigger and go for it

I want them to sound the best.
The material/aesethetics has nothing to do with the sound quality. What you need to do (if you haven't already done it) is find exactly what height you need to make the stands for optimal sound. Play with different heights and firing directions until you find the perfect alignment then tailor your stands to those specific parameters

I'm interested to see how this turns out as I was going to do the exact same thing, but I got lazy and didn't

ok, I have issues. Help please....

the magnetisizm is disrupting the tube tv I have. They are fine when I leave the speakers on the floor. but when I had the about 3 feet away on tv trays the magnet cause discoloration on my tv, What can I do to stop the megnetic feild from disrupting my tv?

ok, I have issues. Help please....
the magnetisizm is disrupting the tube tv I have. They are fine when I leave the speakers on the floor. but when I had the about 3 feet away on tv trays the magnet cause discoloration on my tv, What can I do to stop the megnetic feild from disrupting my tv?
You might try making the stands like you already planned but instead of them being flat on top, build a housing for the speakers to sit inside of and line the inside of said housing with a barrier of some sort

I have no clue what blocks magnetic waves but I'm sure there's something out there. Honestly it sounds like too much work for something so frivolous but it could turn out pretty badass looking

Looks like I will have to remove the 12 inch driver and measure the magnet. then find a metal ring made of steel and put a plate on it and line it with some lead to help shield the magnetic waves. This process has minimal effect on the displacment for the enclousure and only a weight barriering effect on the stands. So for now, the hunt is on to find a metal ring big enough to cover these magnets. I might be able to locate some lead apprions used in xray. Use the lead for linning.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.