making box theft proof...

honestly nothing is theft proof because if they want it they will do what it takes to get it. I did an install in an explorer and I use torx screws on everything because it what we use at work. well when his car was broken into they couldnt unscrew the subs so they took a sledge to the box and busted it apart till they could get the subs out....
x2

But that's smart on the thief's part.

However, he's completely right.

I've seen some cases where since the guys couldn't get the subs out, they just took their screw driver and rammed it into the cone. Recone cost less than a driver, but still. Just get a bunch of Piezos in your cab. (hooked up to your alarm, of course)

2-3 Piezos mounted on the outside of my friend's car, I couldn't stand within 10 feet of it with out cupping my ears or writhing with pain.

2-3, even upward to 5 in a CAB? You won't be able to stay in there. Literally you won't. You won't be able to concentrate hard enough to even unscrew a sub.

It's also important to note, thieves don't want boxes. They want subs.

So, making sure your sub is theft proof is much more important than making sure your box isn't theft proof.

Depending on your box, it could weigh between 50-100 or more pounds... that plus the 20+ pound driver(s) adds up. You need 2 people to steal a box, at least.

You only need one to take 2 drivers. Use safety screws... that's the only thing you can really do. Unless you use a chain connected to your subs which is locked to your chassis. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

well i know its hard to make something theft proof but i would not do the razor blade trick like mentioned, my brother in law had a friend do that, some one tryed to steal his stuff and slilced his wrists open and he blead out on the road and the friend ended up going to jail for man slaughter so i would be careful
So you mean to tell me if I use razor/barbed wire to gaurd my property and some a**hole tries to climb over it, cuts himself, and dies I am liable? I really doubt it, I would think it is the same concept. I would do the razor blades on the box and put a sticker on my car that says "WARNING attempted theft of my stereo system can result in serious injury or death!"

Just take a thick piece of chain and cut one link in half and weld it to the basket or back of the motor, thread it through a hole in the box, seal up the hole, then weld the other side of the chain to the seat frame or frame if you want to cut a hole in the floor board.

So you mean to tell me if I use razor/barbed wire to gaurd my property and some a**hole tries to climb over it, cuts himself, and dies I am liable? I really doubt it, I would think it is the same concept. I would do the razor blades on the box and put a sticker on my car that says "WARNING attempted theft of my stereo system can result in serious injury or death!"
Just take a thick piece of chain and cut one link in half and weld it to the basket or back of the motor, thread it through a hole in the box, seal up the hole, then weld the other side of the chain to the seat frame or frame if you want to cut a hole in the floor board.
If a thief falls in your house and breaks something, they can sue you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

It's happened countless times. It's ridiculous.

Same if someone breaks into your house and your dog bites the hell out of them, they can sue you and you can get arrested unless you have signs posted for a dog.

yes just hope they do not unscrew the subs out of the box.
they are too deep to take out in car. you cant get the magnet out of the box will its in the car.. and you cant angle it out or anything. Plus if they wanted to try the little slit to seperate the ring to just get to the screws is on the bottom.

If a thief falls in your house and breaks something, they can sue you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
It's happened countless times. It's ridiculous.

Same if someone breaks into your house and your dog bites the hell out of them, they can sue you and you can get arrested unless you have signs posted for a dog.
If they can't prove that a dangerous condition existed that was negligently overlooked by you, they have no grounds for a suit.

Best way to make sure that they don't sue is to make sure they die from several gunshot wounds.

Think of what crowd actually robs **** out of people cars? Drug fiends, scrounges, wanna-ge gangsters....etc.

So none of them kids ^^^ are really muscular. If you get a box that is a ***** to lift out of your car(I.e needs 3+ people to lift, and maybe more than 60 seconds to push/pull/twitch/lift it out) itll give some descent protection. That way they will get pissed and end up stabbing your cone or sawing out the subs.

Thats what i say about my box in my car, trunk is like 6 cubes(not including the sides and curves, just straight open space for a box) and my box is 5 cubes. The box fits but has to be manuevered empty to properly make it fit. With 150lbs of sub in the box i think thatll make it pretty much un liftable..therefore a portable saw would be necessary. Subs are in deep therefore you need to lift the box up to angle the subs to get to the screws properly, then even then you cannot access the bottom screws.

With your amp depending on where you mount that, id use special screws that are something other than a flat head/phillips/square bit. That way theyll be ****ed trying to steal your amp as well.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gifWhy bother worring about all that. THere are some key ways to keep your chit from getting jacked.

Never slam in your hood.

Never display or brag

Always be aware whos watching you.

GET FULL COVERAGE

Good solid advice here. And for christs sake, don't sticker your car up advertising what high end gear you have in the trunk!

I've had a system stolen some years ago in my younger days. Turned out to be some so called friends of mine that I was partying with.

They couldn't get the stuff out, so they stole the whole car, wrecked it, and wrecked hell getting everything out of it.

I don't think you can make it totally theft proof, but you sure can make it harder/time consuming to take.

x2

I've seen some cases where since the guys couldn't get the subs out, they just took their screw driver and rammed it into the cone. Recone cost less than a driver, but still. Just get a bunch of Piezos in your cab. (hooked up to your alarm, of course)

2-3 Piezos mounted on the outside of my friend's car, I couldn't stand within 10 feet of it with out cupping my ears or writhing with pain.

2-3, even upward to 5 in a CAB? You won't be able to stay in there. Literally you won't. You won't be able to concentrate hard enough to even unscrew a sub.

I've seen others suggesting putting some bright LED strobes at the top of the front and back glass to help draw attention too..

x2

It's also important to note, thieves don't want boxes. They want subs.

So, making sure your sub is theft proof is much more important than making sure your box isn't theft proof.

Depending on your box, it could weigh between 50-100 or more pounds... that plus the 20+ pound driver(s) adds up. You need 2 people to steal a box, at least.

You only need one to take 2 drivers. Use safety screws... that's the only thing you can really do. Unless you use a chain connected to your subs which is locked to your chassis. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
I'll keep all that in mind when I get my system.

Here are a few safety measures I took in securing my amps, batteries, and subs:

(A general list as I don't want to list everything over the internet.

1. A two way paging system with 4 sirens outside and 3 inside.

2. 5 different types of security screws.

3. Metal straps over the batteries.

4. Metal straps over the amps.

5. Box screwed into flase floor.

6. Box also screwed through flase floor to frame w/ spinning lock nuts.

I wonder if you could put a disclaimer on your window...or your subwoofer box... basically saying...

"By breaking and entering in this vehicle, you accept the fact that you may be shot with a large caliber weapon and understand the risks involved with your actions. You also understand that I, (insert name of car owner here), will not be held responsible for any injuy or death if you violate these terms."

You'd still go to jail with the way the court system is run today. It's all in who you know and how much money you have :/

well i know its hard to make something theft proof but i would not do the razor blade trick like mentioned, my brother in law had a friend do that, some one tryed to steal his stuff and slilced his wrists open and he blead out on the road and the friend ended up going to jail for man slaughter so i would be careful
I call ******** on this one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.