making box theft proof...

Here are a few safety measures I took in securing my amps, batteries, and subs:(A general list as I don't want to list everything over the internet.

1. A two way paging system with 4 sirens outside and 3 inside.

2. 5 different types of security screws.

3. Metal straps over the batteries.

4. Metal straps over the amps.

5. Box screwed into flase floor.

6. Box also screwed through flase floor to frame w/ spinning lock nuts.
i like all this advice but would like to add that if you want to a make it a huge pain in the ass for the criminal and easeyer on you to install, if you car has a spot for a spare tire or donut i allways go to the hardwear store match up the threads and put some red lock tight on the end of it, zip it down thro the middle of the box, then mount your 5 difrant kinds of mounting bolts to the outside of the box( or use one kind of mounting bolt so you can watch him take them out and still wonder why the **** he cant pull this box out at all, it will move slightly(iv watched a dumb **** pull on my subs laughing my ass off waiting for the cops to get there this way)). its alot easyer to do this then it is to drill a hole and match up bolts and bs around at the hardwear store and iv seen crooks be smart enough to pop the sub out first thing and see if they can get that bolt ou tfirst

because as he said its just two bolts holding it on like that, you can tug and pull on that red lock tight for days and days and never get anywhere but pissed off. trust me.

My **** could be jacked so fast. How would you even go about securing a 1cf sealed box to the massive trunk of my taurus. I just sorta have it sitting there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Good thing I went with a stealth install. No one but my closest friends know what I have in my trunk. Everything seems stock till I put on a cd. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.