Making 6.5's Fit

I am now considering having a local car audio shop do it for me.

I do not feel confident in building fiberglass kick pods, nor making the speaker mounts larger. As easy as people make it seem, I just don't feel comfortable doing it myself.

How much should I be expecting to pay to have the 4x6 speakers made to fit 6.5s?

^ Never did have a shop do it.

Still have the stock 4x6s and hating them more and more...

I don't know if what size speaker to go with now. I know I have approx 3" of mounting depth to work with. I have been looking at 6.5s and some have less and some have more. I am now considering 5.25 speakers. Will 5.25 be easier to make fit in the 4x6 area?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Whoa, that will be one skinny port. The width of the back wall ports will be 1.08" wide (27.5mm), but the front port will be shared by 2 subs so...
I had this same issue with my Sony. When I first got it I had speakers hooked up to the head unit without amplifiers and it worked fine. Once I...
Looks like half a dozen other makes/models on the market, rebranded . The shallow mounts look like they’re made by Pioneer but what the hay, one...
I think it worked .just odd bc it's brand new but I appreciate it man. haven't had any problems yet
Is that speaker in the existing rear deck? Are you running a sub in the trunk?Do you have that speaker on an amplifier?Are you using a stock HU...

About this thread

Dynasty

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Dynasty
Cleveland, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date