mach 460 questions

mjjstang
10+ year member

michigan
i have a 2001 stang with the mach 460 but i think i want to get some new speakers and i have a few questions. i purchased 2 cerwin vega 12s and a visonik 1000 watt amp and i tried everything to hook it up to the factory head unit but there was no way even with the conveter. so i think i will get a new head unit. and also i want new speakers for the doors and rear deck. what are some good 6X8 speakers for around 150 to 200 a pair. and also i have to bypass the factory amps and im wondering since the head unit will be amplified will i notice a loss of power from the aftermarket speakers compared to the amplified factory speakers. also what are the factory amps rated at. also do they make any speakers for that triangle thing on the door. they are like 2 1/2 inch. thanks.

with the mach systems u can only use the door speakers if if you replace all of the components like the stock amp every thingother wise your pretty much stuck with stock

Im going kind of hijack this thread and ask since it wasnt answered. My friend wants an amp for a sub, How would I hook it up with no upgraded headunit?

both of you only need a line out converter....if you want to buy a head unit you can but it is not necessary. Buy a line out converter and splice into the rear speaker wires with the line lock. it lets you run your signal through the rca cables.

if you do buy a head unit you will need to bypass the factory amps. you can get a harness that will allow you to do so.

heres a link that may help you when wiring up the subwoofer amp....

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/despeeds1.htm

I have put many after market head units in a lot of stangs with the mach system in them and never had to bypass nothing unless your replacing the speakers but you can still use the factory amps if you want its simple, just use the amp ground wire that comes on the after market plug that goes to the factory harness in the car and ground to the radios ground and wala mach integration made easy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.